Google Search Results

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spicing Up A Rainy Day

We've had a dreary cold rainy day today. I woke up to the sound of rain and a dog that needed to go out. I was up late last night and since it was rainy, I wasn't really enthused about getting up, but I did. I made another Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie for breakfast. It's amazing how far a can of crushed pineapple goes. Luckily these are very delicious. It was very cold and refreshing.


What's in the glass
Diced Fresh Strawberries
Canned Crushed Pineapple
Dannon French Vanilla Yogurt 
Milk 
Ground Flax
Honey
Ice Cubes

For lunch I had the last of my Panera Creamy Tomato Basil soup from Target Deli and a piece of French bread, buttered with garlic and Parmesan cheese and toasted. I also had another 50/50 glass of my White Grape Peach juice and water.

This was just right for a cold wet day.

Later I had a cup of Chobani Greek Lemon Yogurt.

You can see all the little bits of lemon pulp, that's what makes this stuff top notch, none of that artificial lemon flavor.

After the yogurt I wanted a little something salty, so I got some dry roasted Edamame. I love these things. I didn't eat the all though, maybe about half. 

They don't really look that good, but they are crunchy and tasty. 

For dinner, I made Spicy Sweet Potatoes. Now, if you like sweet potatoes and you like sweet and spicy, you really need to try these. 

I used the sweet potatoes in a salad with black beans and crushed pineapple. It sounds strange, but it was really good.

What's in the bowl
Spring Mix Lettuce
Black Beans
Spicy Sweet Potatoes
Crushed Pineapple
Taco Blend Shredded Cheese

For the dressing I used a mixture of pineapple juice, lime juice and vegetable oil.
 This salad left me wanting more, unfortunately, I was full. It was just a good thing the bowl wasn't bigger. This is one of those things, I could eat until I pop. We will be having our Easter dinner tomorrow instead of Sunday. What do you have on the menu for tomorrow or Sunday? Be sure and come back and check out our Easter dinner spread. I missed the free coffee at Starbucks for Earth Day. Did you get your free coffee?









No comments:

Post a Comment