Google Search Results

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Many Mini Everything Bagels & A Movie

Today I needed a wake up smoothie. Citrus fruit is very refreshing and to me says, "Wake Up". So this morning I made up a citrus smoothie I call my Orange Pineapple smoothie. I should have called it my wake up smoothie. It was very good.


Energy in a glass.

For lunch I made succotash and soft cornbread. The succotash is made up of baby limas, corn, and tomatoes with a little basil. The cornbread is a version we call "soft cornbread". It is a softer, less grainy, slightly sweet version of cornbread. I made this cornbread one day because I had planned to make regular cornbread and then realized I didn't have enough cornbread mix, so I improvised by using part cornbread mix, part jiffy corn muffin mix (I only had a partial box), and self rising flour. It turned out to be really good. Not too sweet, soft on the inside, crispy on the outside, yummy cornbread! I've posted the recipe on my recipe page in case you'd like to try it.




Later I had the other half of my Nature Valley roasted almond granola bar. These are so good. I could eat both bars, but I am trying to do better.
This evening we went to Mom's. She got me some everything bagels, well that's what she said. It was actually Rold Gold Everything Bagel Pretzels. They look like mini everything bagels. They were missing the garlic-y taste of the everything bagels, but you could taste the poppy seeds and they were very good. Mom said this was my April's Fools. Did you get fooled or did you fool someone?


We also had pizza and watched a movie while we were at Mom's. I had a Digiorno Mushroom Spinach and Garlic pizza. It was very good.

So good, I had an extra piece after these. I was soooo stuffed, major no, no, oops. So much for doing better, lol.
 We watched The Tourist with Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp. This was a very good movie. The only thing I didn't particularly like was the occasional subtitles throughout the movie and only because I can't see that well, I need new glasses, badly. I would watch this movie again. Have you seen it? What did you think?


Well, that was my day. I'm behind so, gotta get this posted and get a shower. Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment