Google Search Results

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chewing Gum & Eating Lighter

I weighed in this morning only to find I am up a pound. It's not much, but I am staying on top of things. I kind of know which foods make me gain and which foods help me lose. I just have to eat the right combination of things. Too much of one thing and not enough of the other is not good. Today I am eating lighter, meaning more fresh veggies. Yesterday I didn't eat enough fresh veggies. I still have leftovers to eat, but I can't eat them all without gaining, so some of them will have to go. I am sticking with my morning smoothie. I consider it my treat for the day. I had another Banana Pudding Smoothie this morning. These are so good. I always wish I could have more, but I think I would pop.


What's in the glass
Sliced Fresh Banana
Vanilla Yogurt
Milk
Old Fashioned Oats
Vanilla
Ground Flax
Vanilla Wafers
Ice Cubes
That sounds like a lot of Vanilla huh? It's so good though.

Another open faced fish taco. I ate this yesterday for lunch and also today. This is one of the things that makes me gain. Fish and bread. I should have just done half the tortilla, but I didn't think about it until I'd already topped it with the fish and everything else. 

What's on the plate
A Flour Tortilla
Leftover Tilapia
Shredded Cabbage
Shredded Carrot
Shredded Bell Pepper
Diced Tomatoes 

Again I poured on a little taco sauce after the photos. This was really good and would have been even better if the fish had had some taco seasoning on it, still very good without it.

My snack today was an apple, no peanut butter, no honey, just a plain juicy Gala apple. I did have a bite of Havarti cheese afterward. Lucas just had to offer me the last piece. He made really sloppy grilled cheese sandwiches out of the rest and even melted some on a biscuit. I was good and didn't eat any, so the last piece was very tempting and I took it. Not to fear, he bought more this evening. Cheese is another thing that makes me gain.

Since I'd had the tortilla and fish for lunch, I went with a much lighter dinner. I just had a garden salad with a little light ranch and some imitation bacon bits. Oh yeah and pepper, no salt. I've started eating my salads in a bowl, I tend to really pile it on a plate. It tends to start falling off if I do that with a bowl, lol. I'm trying to do better with portions. Salads are a really challenge for me.

What's in the bowl
Iceberg Lettuce
Spinach
Green Bell Pepper
Mushrooms
Cucumber
Carrot
Tomato
Naked salad

 With dressing & bacon bits

It was really good. It must have been what I was in the mood for. Lately I've really had a thing for cucumber

 I've also found lately that immediately after dinner, I have a strong craving to eat more. I'm not really hungry, I just want something else, because I'm not stuffed. Here is how I've managed to solve this problem. I've been buying packs of "5 Gum" in what I think is spearmint flavor. It's called Rain. It's sugar free and the flavor lasts a very long time. I chew it and I don't have the urge to eat anything else. I've been having a piece of gum every night while working on the blog. It is very hard to look at food photos and not want food. Got any tricks up your sleeve? How do you avoid unnecessary eating?





No comments:

Post a Comment