Google Search Results

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Eating Moving & Laughing

This morning's breakfast was carbolicious, but it was good. I was thinking about the fruit salad/ambrosia, when I got up this morning, which reminded me of the pumpkin waffle mix, I got at Aldi's, sitting in my cabinet. The reason it reminded me of the waffle mix is because, when I made these the last time I had fruit salad on one of the waffles and that is what I had in mind this morning.

Also, the last time I fixed these, I remembered thinking that they were spicy enough, so I added about 3/4 of a tsp of pumpkin pie spice to the mix. They were a lot better this time. I also figured out that about 1/3 c. of batter is about right for each waffle. Nearly all my waffles had corners or were very close and no of the batter was wasted running off the edge of the waffle iron. I love my waffle iron and I plan to make some homemade waffles the next time I want pumpkin waffles.

 I topped my waffle with a huge dollop of fruit salad, a sprinkle of shredded coconut and a few chopped walnuts. I also added ground flax to the waffle batter.


My lunch has looked better. I added a shriveled up Veggie Patch veggie dog to my LO (that's leftover) baked beans and had LO potato salad on the side. I heated my veggie dog in the toasted oven a little too long I think and it shriveled up when it cooled off.
 It tastes better than it looks, but I think I prefer my dog on a bun.

As some of you may know, today was Zumba day for me. My before Zumba snack was a cup of Lemon Chobani Greek yogurt. 

It looks kind of lumpy, but that's just real lemon pulp in there. It's so tart and delicious, the next thing I knew, I was scraping the bottom and running my finger around the sides, wishing the cup was bigger. I was eating the yogurt while looking at something on the internet and was very surprised when my spoon came up empty.

I think tonight's Zumba class was more about moving and laughing than anything. We did some new songs and some we haven't done since the first class, so the steps were all over and there's one song, I hate because no matter how many times we do it, I can't get the steps right. I don't remember the name, but it is a cha cha cha sort of step. 

After Zumba I was thankful for leftovers because I was ready to eat. I did the other half of my baked ziti with salad and garlic toast, of course, Lucas and Dale haven't eaten their LO ziti yet.

My salad was iceberg lettuce, carrot, tomato, and bell pepper with light Caesar dressing and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese over everything.
Zumba may have been about moving and laughing, but the rest of the day was about eating, lol. I guess we need to do all three everyday. Eating & moving are good for the body, but laughing is good for the soul. Have you laughed today? Tell me something funny.




No comments:

Post a Comment