Google Search Results

Saturday, April 02, 2011

Amy's Bowls Brown Rice & Vegetables Review

This morning started off like most, up around the same time, letting the dogs out, weigh in, get dressed and then breakfast, which was another smoothie. I had a repeat of my Pear Berry Smoothie. I really like this one.


What's in the glass
Fresh Pear
Fresh Strawberries
Milk
Vanilla Yogurt
Old Fashioned Oats
Honey
Ground Flax
Ice Cubes
Yummy!!

This is what's NOT for lunch. I fixed another one of Amy's Bowls, the brown rice & vegetables with tofu. I thought it might be an Asian dish, it wasn't and it wasn't good. The rice had some sort of gravy or sauce. The smell was familiar, but the taste was not. The gravy or sauce was the part I didn't like. I tried to eat it, but it kind of made me gag. 

It didn't really look good either. I did eat the broccoli off the top and a few bites of the tofu which wasn't bad. I just couldn't manage the rice and gravy. The rice was mushy and the gravy had a slight sweet taste to it. 
 My first Amy's Yuck Award!!! Sorry Amy. I do love Amy's usually, especially the Mexican dishes.

This is what's for lunch. A salad. 

What's in the bowl
Italian Lettuce Blend
Sliced Cucumber
Carrot
Mushrooms
Shredded Mozzarella
Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
Much Better!

For my afternoon snack I had a Nature Valley roasted almond granola bar and a couple of pieces of leftover apple. I only had half the granola bar. There are actually two pieces in the package. It was really good. I'd never had the roasted almond. Lindsay gave it to me the other night when we went to Zumba class.
Sweet and juicy.

For dinner I had a Veggie Patch veggie dog. I was really impressed with these. I'm not crazy about the boiling method they want you to use to fix them though. I tried that with the first VP veggie dog. It made it prune-y looking. These dogs do have some oil on the outside. Today, I just stuck mine in the microwave for 30 seconds and then placed it in the toaster oven to brown a little. It was very realistic looking, scary. I didn't have any buns, so I improvised with a slice of bread. I put the bread in the toaster oven also, with a slice of cheese on top and broiled it for a few seconds to melt the cheese a little. I added some minced onion, imitation bacon bits for crunch and a dab of barbecue sauce; not bad. I think these dogs would definitely work on the grill.


I also had "ants on a log", celery with peanut butter topped with raisins, dried cranberries, and pumpkin seeds, snagged from my fruit 'n fitness snack mix from Yoder's.
 Well not a bad day, except for the lunch, but nothing major. I really hate to waste food, but if you just can't eat it, what can you do? Have you ever had something you just couldn't eat? I really envy those people who like everything. I will usually try things, but some things I just can handle. 

I would like to say, I just love all the traffic my site's been getting. I really hope everyone finds something they like. Be sure and check out the recipe page, have a look at my about me page too. Be sure and subscribe via RSS or email, if you'd like to see more or follow me on twitter and just pop back in sometime. Don't forget to leave a comment. Well, that's all folks.





No comments:

Post a Comment