Google Search Results

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hard To Lose Weight With A Big Appetite

Oh yes, it's another smoothie. Are you tired of them yet? Sorry, I've still got fruit and a love of smoothies. It doesn't get much easier than breakfast in a glass or much tastier. This morning I made a simple strawberry smoothie. I also adjusted the recipe a little so that the smoothies aren't quite as thick. I kind of like them thick, but others may not. I changed some of the other smoothie recipes, but included the original measurements in case someone would like a thick spoon-able smoothie. I'd really like to hear from you, if you've tried any of the smoothies or even if you haven't, lol.


What's in the glass
Fresh Strawberries
Vanilla Yogurt
Milk
Old Fashioned Oats
Ground Flax
Ice Cubes
The thinner the smoothie, the more bubbles you get, lol. They are also less filling. You can find the recipe here and others on my recipe page.

Hence the snack attack a couple of hours later.  I had a handful of my Salsa Trail Snack Mix from Yoder's.

The snack didn't last long either. I had Amy's cheese enchiladas and salad for lunch. I've had Amy's bean and cheese enchiladas before also. The cheese enchiladas taste similar, both are very good. I love the flavor of the sauce. 

You get a lot of sauce. There are 2 in there, it just looks like only one. I chose light buttermilk ranch dressing to go on my salad. I recently bought the Walmart brand to try. It's not bad, although, I didn't realize the bottle didn't come with a squeeze top and sort of over did the dressing a little. Luckily, I usually keep a few of the little plastic inserts that come with the squeezable bottles. They will usually fit the bottles that don't have them, problem solved.

What's in the salad
Iceberg
Spinach
Green Pepper
Carrot
Broccoli
Light Buttermilk Ranch


Believe it or not, the enchiladas and salad didn't hold me until dinner, so I had a nice juicy Gala apple, spread with peanut butter and drizzled with honey (still trying to use up my crystallizing honey). This is a really good snack I've discovered recently.

Must love honey.

I also watched a movie while I had my sweet sticky snack. I watched Morning Glory with Harrison Ford and Rachael McAdams. It was a pretty good movie. I gave it 4 stars. It was pretty funny. Lucas was not interested, but that's ok. I liked it.


It was a great day for a movie. It was rainy, more like stormy and there was nothing on television. I might as well have watched a movie.

For dinner I had a great big salad. I hadn't gotten enough of the ranch, I guess. I topped it with a boiled egg and imitation bacon bit with a few Town House crackers on the side.
Underneath the egg and bacos, it was basically a bigger version of my lunch salad. It was very satisfying and I enjoyed it. Now if it will just hold me until breakfast. It's no wonder, I'm having trouble losing weight. All I want to do is eat. At least I'm not gaining.

 I really need smaller plates.
Well, I guess that's it. I'm glad there wasn't more. I think I ate plenty. You can also let me know if you've found any interesting recipes lately. I love to hear about good food.






No comments:

Post a Comment