Google Search Results

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Pre Workout Smoothie Before A Butt Kickin' Workout

I didn't sleep well last night. We had a big storm and it was very hot in the house even with my fan blowing. The wind blowing against the house and the crash of thunder jarred me out of bed once, luckily it didn't last too long. We didn't suffer any damage here, but lots of trees were down all over and school was canceled, due to power outages. People are still without power. I am so glad we still have ours. I got up this morning, wishing I could just sleep the day away. I tried to fix myself another Pear Berry Smoothie for breakfast, but there was a wasp still lurking in my kitchen this morning. He dived at my head before I realized it, but he didn't get me. I am terrified of flying or hoping insects, especially ones with stingers. I had Dale take care of him, then I could make and enjoy my smoothie.


What's in the glass
Fresh Pear
Fresh Strawberries
Vanilla Yogurt
Milk
Old Fashioned Oats
Ground Flax
Honey
Ice Cubes

The rain was gone this morning by the time I got up, but the storm had brought cold air along with the rain. I will be so glad when summer is finally here, even if I have to fight the wasps.

I had leftover Digiorno spinach, mushroom and garlic pizza for lunch along with some fresh broccoli and carrots. It was a yummy lunch.


Since today was Zumba day. I decided to have myself a pre-workout smoothie. I experimented with a different combo, but it was a fail. It was drinkable, but I wouldn't want another one. I'm not sure what I didn't like about it, but it sort of made me wanna hurl. Luckily it didn't make as much as I usually make for breakfast.

What's in the glass
Banana
Milk
Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder
Cocoa
Honey
Ground Flax
I drank it, but I didn't love it. Yuck!!
 The whole evening all I could taste was banana. I like banana, but it doesn't like me. We really got a workout tonight at Zumba. The class I normally go to on Tuesday was canceled because of the storm, I guess power outage, so I went to the place where I go for Zumba on Thurs. They also have a Tuesday class. The class we go to on Tuesday normally is actually Zumba Gold. Thursday's class is regular Zumba. There has been a sub filling in for the regular instructor on Thursday's but we had the regular instructor tonight. She is a ball of fire. It was still fun, but I should be able to sleep tonight. 

When I got home, I was starving. I fixed a big plate of nachos again. This batch was a little different, but just as good.

What's on the plate
Tostitos Fire Roasted Chipotle Tortilla Chips
Salsa Con Queso
Black Beans
Kidney Beans
Boca Crumbles w/ Taco Seasoning
Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
Mushroom
Bell Pepper
Southwestern Salsa Cheese from Yoder's Amish Market
Chunky Salsa
 I had a good day and a great evening (except for the choco banana smoothie). I haven't ever enjoyed getting my butt kicked until today. Zumba is like playing hard. Do you remember as a kid, getting together with other kids and playing until you were completely worn out, but knowing you had so much fun you would gladly do it again? Well, that is Zumba. Now I think I'll take my kicked butt to bed. I'll let you know how I feel tomorrow, lol.






No comments:

Post a Comment