Google Search Results

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Food For My Back And My Bones

It was a very Monday morning. I use to enjoy Monday's if you can believe it. My weekends always seemed so hectic and unpredictable. Mondays were calm and routine. Monday's just aren't the same lately or they don't feel the same. Breakfast was nearly the same, a slow start and then a double chocolate banana muffin. I had a navel orange to go with it. It was not a sweet and juicy orange, as I had hoped. It wasn't bad, but it didn't leave me wanting another.




Since this cold weather came, I am cold down in my bones. I have also come to the conclusion that I have somehow hurt my back. It started on Saturday and has only gotten worse since. I have tried to do a few things today to get ready to put my Christmas tree up. I think I'm ready, but my back isn't. I seem to have made it worse when I was doing laundry. I lost my balance while holding a basket of clothes and twisted a little the wrong way. I am paying for it now.

I did however, get some plastic up over a drafty window and clean curtains hung before that. Hopefully my bones will warm up little. I wanted something hot today for lunch, but settled for half hot, half cold and had a crab cake on a slider bun with fresh spinach, homemade chipotle mayo and a side of Sunday's macaroni salad. The chipotle mayo went perfectly with the crab cake and the spice always warms me up.





I had to go out today to pick up a few things from the store. It was so crowded with everybody doing their regular shopping and Christmas shopping. We had to park pretty far away from the store entrance and then we fought the crowds and stood in line to make our purchases. People may not be spending as much, but they are sure out in full force doing something. There were people sitting in their cars waiting for parking spaces to open up. I don't think I've ever done that. I've never even thought about it.

We managed to get out alive and headed home. I was ready for dinner and ready to sit down. Maybe after I get my tree up tomorrow, I can start babying my back to get it straightened out. I started fixing something for dinner right after we got back. I didn't make anything complicated, because my back ached and I had no desire to stand any longer than absolutely needed. I cut up some fresh broccoli and put it in my microwave steamer bowl and steamed it for a few minutes, then I heated some of the leftover broccoli casserole from yesterday to go with it. I love broccoli and you can never have too much. This was simple, tasty and filling.



I sat down to eat and watch a little tv. I haven't had satellite television for a while and I don't have cable, for now we just have an antenna, which picks up quite a few channels and I never really watched that much tv anyway, it's mostly for noise, but I sure miss being able to set reminders. I sometimes have 2 programs I want to watch on two different channels, but I have a bad habit of forgetting to change channels after the first show and I usually miss the second. I also miss the guide that you can search to see what's on. Maybe one of these days I will be able to afford it again.

I don't really know of a question for you tonight, maybe you have one for me; ask and I will try to answer. Well, I'm off to rest and warm my bones. See ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment