Google Search Results

Monday, March 19, 2012

I'm Back

Well, I'm back. I've had a break from blogging while I was taking care of my two oldest grand babies during the time my newest grand daughter, Rachel, was being born. They are now keeping the Moms & new babies for a few days before releasing them. Here's a photo of Miss Rachel sleeping peacefully. 

 Mary & Lexi did pretty well, but they are quite a handful compared to the two I raised or I am older than I realized; actually both. I don't remember being so tired. They also seem a lot bigger when you share a bed with them. I love my grand babies, but I am so glad I had my kids when I was younger. I have really gotten use to my (alone) time. Once my kids started school, my time alone became addictive. I have become dependent on a certain amount of alone time. You don't get much alone time with 2 small children, so when the girls went home, I had an alone time party; just me, a bowl of cake & ice cream and some music via Pandora on my ipod. I'd considered a nap afterwards, but wound up working in the yard. It was a lovely day and yard work is very relaxing for me. I also only got on the computer for a few minutes, spending most of my time just relaxing before going to bed early.

Now on to today. I slept in until 10am. It was nice. I had cinnamon French toast for breakfast with butter flavored syrup.

I have to have syrup with French toast. Pancakes I can eat alone. The girls and I had pancakes for breakfast while they were here.

I had fresh broccoli with light ranch dressing and fries with salsa and cheese for lunch.

I fried some onion and bell pepper to mix with the salsa that I put on top of the fries and then I sprinkled cheese over that and put it in the microwave long enough to melt the cheese. 

We had linguine for dinner with Ragu Parmesan & Romano spaghetti sauce. It has some chunks of tomato in the sauce. Lucas uses the hand blender to solve that problem. I don't mind the chunks.

I had a piece of garlic toast on the side. It wasn't the best sauce I've ever eaten, but it wasn't bad. I'd give it 3 stars.

I had cold Moroccan Mint tea and a glazed doughnut for dessert. Lucas bought a box of doughnuts and we nearly forgot we had them, so I ate one to help get rid of them. They're so much better fresh. Glazed doughnut just don't keep well, soggy on the outside, dry on the inside. 

Now I have an early day tomorrow. I spent the first part of the day working in the house, the remaining daylight hours working outside the house and the evening wasting time on the computer and watching "The Good Wife".  It's late. I've procrastinated too long and I will pay for it tomorrow. I'm off to bed to see if I can get a few hours sleep before getting up and going to help take care of my grand babies. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment