Google Search Results

Monday, March 26, 2012

March Birthday Dinner

This morning I was awakened by the ringing of the phone. I didn't get to it in time to answer. I was in such a deep sleep. I went back to bed and slept another hour. I slept very good, so good that even the thunderstorm we had during the night didn't wake me. I was told about it after getting up. I haven't slept that good in quite a while. Surprisingly I felt sort of tired after being up a couple of hours. I think I didn't get enough of an energy boost from breakfast. I just had a piece of buttered toast with Lingonberries.


After breakfast we got ready and headed to the Flea Market on our way to Mom's for dinner. Today we were celebrating both Mary's & Lynda's birthday. Here is what was on the birthday dinner menu.

Barbecue Chicken

Two big Meatloaves.

Mac & Cheese

Rustic Mashed Potatoes

Pasta Salad

Peas

Asparagus, Mushrooms & Peppers. I could eat a whole pan of mushrooms fixed like this. They were the best part.

Salad

More veggies for the salad. I loved the little cucumbers.

Angel Biscuits

I had mashed potatoes, asparagus, peas and salad with cucumber, & broccoli. I used balsamic vinaigrette for dressing and I also had an Angel biscuit.

Mary was one of the birthday girls. This is her camera face. She thinks this is the face everyone makes when the camera in pointed at them. In my family, it actually is, but it's more like "Dadgummit, there a camera pointed at me!"

This is the other birthday girl trying very hard, not to make the camera face. I did not take this picture (notice it's not blurry enough to be mine), but I am posting it. You'll have to blame it on the one who took it.

Here is the birthday cake. It was a marble cake with whipped chocolate frosting. It was a very cute cake. The girls loved the little ice cream cones. The icing tasted like chocolate ice cream. How to you like the birthday candle? Cool huh? Ya use whatcha got, right? You can see Lexi waiting no so patiently nearby for the song to be sung and the candle to be lit. She enjoys everyone's birthday.

I had a cup of coffee with my piece. It was a pretty big piece but it was very light and the coffee helped wash down all the frosting.

For dinner, I had a Veggie Patch Chick'n cutlet with shredded colby, leftover succotash and some Doritos. 

I added a Mt. Olive Jalapeno Dill Spear, last minute. Yummy!

As if I hadn't eaten enough sweets, I had a Nutty Bar after dinner. 

Well, now I need to go to bed and see if I can rack up some more ZZZ's, like I did last night. It is really awesome to sleep so well. People who do this every night, really should be thankful. How do you sleep? Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment