Google Search Results

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Progresso Black Bean Jalapeno Soup Review

This morning wasn't as bad as I'd expected. After going to bed late, I assumed I'd feel pretty bad this morning. Waiting to get my shower when I got up helped, I think. I also got up a half hour earlier than I had before. It was a good thing I did, since I wasn't just having a bowl of cereal before leaving. I'd decided to boil a few eggs to make myself an egg salad sandwich. I also made myself a huge cup of coffee, mostly decaf though. A little goes a long way with me.

I boiled about 5 eggs, adding some mayo and just a little mustard.

I lightly toasted my bread to keep it from sticking to the roof of my mouth. I hardly ever eat bread without toasting it unless it's homemade. Homemade isn't so bad about getting stuck.

For years I was never sure how long to boil an egg. I'd heard of 3 minute eggs, but I like my egg hard boiled and boiling one for just 3 minutes was never enough, at least not until I found the right way of doing it. Now I can boil my eggs for 3 minutes and I get perfect hard boiled eggs. The trick is to boil them for 3 minutes, remove the pot from the heat, cover and let them stand in the hot water for 15 minutes, after that I just drain them and run them under cold water until they are cool enough to peel. It does take longer than 3 minutes, but it uses less electricity, etc. to cook them and you get perfect hard boiled eggs.

After breakfast I headed over to Lindsay's to help out with the grand babies. It was good that I went, I suppose. Mary & Lexi were not feeling well today. Mary had tummy trouble and Lexi had a fever. A little Motrin fixed Lexi up and Mary was improving as the day went on. She spent the day swapping laps and taking naps. Rachel did pretty much the same thing, but wasn't having any trouble. 

I had Progresso's Frijoles Negros y Jalapeno (Black Bean Jalapeno) soup.

I don't hardly find canned soup that I really like. I usually feel the need to tweak the ones I like. It's also very hard to find vegetarian soups, even the ones that seem to be, may not be. You have to read the labels. It would be nice if they'd just label them vegetarian or have some sort of symbol stating it. 

I really liked this soup, no tweaking needed. It wasn't too thin and it had a good flavor. It was a little spicy, but not too spicy. There was corn and chunks of tomato and they weren't too skimpy on the beans. I ate the whole can (2 bowls). If I'd eaten crackers, chips, or bread with it, I could have eaten twice out of one can. I'm giving it 5 stars.


I had a few shortbread cookies for a snack.

For dinner I made a tofurky sandwich with peppered tofurky deli slices, colby cheese, iceberg lettuce, red & green pepper slices, onion, mayo & fire roasted salsa on toasted white bread.

I had a jalapeno pickle spear with my very messy, but delious sandwich.

I also had a couple of handfuls of raisins later. This post has seemed to take forever. I'd considered waiting until morning, but forced myself to getting it over with tonight. Now it's very late and I'm going to bed. I may just sleep through tomorrow. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment