Google Search Results

Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Real Deal

This morning I was feeling better than I have in weeks, even though I am still feeling a twinge of back pain here and there. I will be glad to be back to normal. I was expecting the girls today for a short stay while their Mom went for an appointment. I decided to just skipped coffee and have a bowl of cereal. I had a bowl of  Cinnamon Roll Mini Wheats.

 This was the real deal, not an off brand that doesn't make the grade. I even used milk, with mini wheats ya gotta have milk. These were even better than the Maple & Brown Sugar, which are my favorite. Occasionally Aldi carries an off brand version of the maple & brown sugar and of all the generic cereals I've tried, they are pretty darn close to the real deal, but so far, I don't think they have a cinnamon roll version. 

I made soup for lunch. It was a last minute decision.  I used a can of shelled soybeans. If these are edamame, they sure don't look like them. These were just like any other bean to me, maybe it's the canning process. I also used carrot, celery, frozen broccoli, onion, Fettucini noodles, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, salt, red pepper flakes and water.

It was really good. I ate two bowls. Unfortunately it doesn't look as good as it tastes. 

I had a Russell Stover dark chocolate covered coconut cream egg to cure my sugar craving. 

I had myself an afternoon nap and then I had a cup of lemon ginseng green tea. 

For dinner I made Mahatma Yellow Rice and I used the GT Express to make two spinach egg omelets.  I ate them both with the rice. It was a very good dinner. I really liked the yellow rice. I'd never had it before. It was very easy to make, no seasoning needed.

 It went very well with my omelets. It might even be good for fried rice. It looks sort of the color of some fried rice.

Lucas made canned biscuits to go with their dinner. I tried some Lingonberry Jelly on one of them. It reminds me of blueberry, but not exactly. Lucas tried it too. He didn't care for it. He doesn't like blueberries either. I finish his biscuit too. No picture though. They were tiny little biscuits, not Grands or anything.

I watched a movie after dinner. We got the new Footloose from Netflix. I loved it. I loved the first one too. It pretty much followed the same story line. The music was good and I loved that they kept the style of it without making it seem too dated. It gets 5 stars of course. 

Now after getting caught up in the movie and not getting things done before hand. I am finally done. It's late and I'm off to bed. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment