Google Search Results

Friday, March 09, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Makeover

I was feeling better this morning after having gotten more sleep than the night before. I felt more like getting creative with breakfast. There was one small cinnamon roll left this morning. It was a little dried out after spending the night alone, but still good. I decided to make it better. I started by crumbling the cinnamon roll in a bowl. 


I cut up an apple, put it in a microwavable bowl with a little butter, a tsp. of brown sugar, a little cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. I cooked the apple for 3 or 4 minutes, then I spooned the hot apple chunks over the cinnamon roll. 

I also had a little vanilla yogurt left in the frig, which I spooned over the cinnamon roll and hot apples, then I sprinkled it with a little cinnamon/sugar mixture. It was a very yummy way to eat a cinnamon roll. 

I skipped coffee today. I guess I was rested enough that I didn't really need it. I did sort of develop a slight headache today, but it went away without taking anything for it, so I'm not sure if that was a caffeine withdrawal thing or not. When lunch time rolled around, I decided to have another Veggie Patch chick'n cutlet pita with shredded lettuce, pepper strips, and light ranch dressing. I had a few leftover green bean with some added mushroom slices & onion, which I cooked in the microwave. I also had a few dill pickle slices on the side. This combo seemed so much more filling than the one I had yesterday with tortilla chips. I'm not sure why, but it was really good. 

I made veggie dog cornbread in my GT Express. I made regular cornbread batter and poked little slices of veggie dog into it. It's wasn't the greatest concoction. It took a little while to cook, longer than I'd expected and it was very dry by itself. I didn't really bother to make anything to go with it, some chili or soup would have moistened it a bit.  I used a lot of mustard and drank a lot of water and I still kept getting choked on the cornbread crumbs. I should have put more thought into dinner. I actually waited too long to start dinner and I was trying to throw something together before my Thursday evening shows came on. 

While choking down my dinner, I watched Person of Interest and The Mentalist. What do you watch on Thursdays. I also finally got my ebook loaded onto my Kindle. I'm not sure what the problem was. It may have been that it was charging and wasn't connected to the internet properly. I also had trouble charging the Kindle by hooking it via usb cable to the computer. I finally plugged it into an outlet this morning with Lucas' adapter and my book (The Help), magically  appeared this afternoon. That was my day. Now I'm off to get ready for bed. Have great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment