Google Search Results

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cornbread And Soup

Today I stayed at home to do a few things around the house. I slept in this morning. I got up, let the dogs out, and decided on breakfast. I went with a leftover pancake, slathered with peanut butter and topped with Lingonberries. I also had half a gala apple. 

This was a nice breakfast. I used a slice of the apple to clean up my butter knife, which had warm gooey peanut butter all over it. 
I had to finish up my post for yesterday this morning. Just as I went to upload photos last night, I noticed my internet was down. I waited a while for it to come back, but it didn't. I finally decided to just go to bed and finish in the morning. Luckily it was back up this morning.

After I finished my post and did a little around the house (the usual, laundry, dishes, vacuuming), I had the other half of my gala apple. 

 I had a late lunch. There was leftover linguine noodles in the frig along with a little of the spaghetti sauce, so I decided of finish them off. 

I topped my linguine with some Parmesan cheese and a shake or two of red pepper flakes. 

I ate the last piece of chocolate cake from the freezer. It was a pretty big slice.  It was too much. I felt sort of sick from all the sugar. I didn't eat all the icing. That is the bad thing about layer cakes, you have icing on top, in the middle and all the way around and the thicker part tends to have more icing than cake. I think a sheet cake has a better icing to cake ratio.

I made cornbread for dinner. I tried a little different recipe, using the one on the bag of cornmeal mix. It called for 1 1/2 c. of mix &  1 cup of  AP flour.  It also called for 1/4 c. of sugar, but I just did 1 Tbsp. and they also used 2 eggs instead of one, of course, I've always used 2 eggs, even in the ones that just call for one. The batter was thicker and I think I prefer my soft cornbread recipe.

I'd thought about having a grilled cheese sandwich with my potato soup, but decided to go with the cornbread. I like yellow cornbread. I did sprinkled some shredded cheese into my soup.

I was really craving the cornbread. I crumbled it into my soup. It was really good, better than I expected. I think maybe I should have been doing this all along.  DH just like his cornbread in milk. He doesn't want is contaminated with soup or chili. He also doesn't want onion, corn, sugar, or any other add-ins. He didn't noticed the tablespoon in this version. I didn't really notice it either. How do you like your cornbread?

I had a few jelly belly beans after my soup. My favorite flavors are juicy pear and buttered popcorn. There's also a bright red one I like. I think it's apple or something. I'm not sure. It sort of sour. What's your favorite flavor? 

Well that's it. I'm sleeping in again tomorrow, but I'll be seeing my girls later in the day. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment