Google Search Results

Monday, December 19, 2011

The Singing Christmas Tree

I'm finally getting around to posting yesterday's photos. I started the day off by making Cranberry Orange Muffins, Baker's Corner brand from Aldi. These muffins were pretty good. They had a great flavor. They were a little sweet for my taste, but probably no sweeter than any other muffin mix.


They got sort of over done on the outside. I'm not sure if it's my oven or what. I baked the muffins according to package directions, but for some reason they got a little over done on the bottom first, while the top was not, so I turned the broiler on to brown them a little on top, but that didn't solve the problem because they were also not done in the middle. Well in order to get the middle done I had to let them bake a little longer. I did lower the temp, but they still got a little darker than I prefer. It didn't effect the taste or anything, but I was not happy  with the way they looked.

Luckily I was happy with the way they tasted. I put a little cranberry orange relish on mine. The tartness of the relish went wonderfully with the sweetness of the muffin.

For lunch I had leftover vegetable noodle soup with my corny cornbread.

I crumbled the cornbread up into my soup. It was really good this way.

Dinner turned out to be a series of snacks. First off, I had some flour tortilla chips with a mixture of several different packets of duck sauce.

I sprayed a little cooking spray on each side of a flour tortilla cut into wedges and toasted it up in my toaster oven. I didn't let them get as crisp as I would have liked, but they were still pretty good.

My second dinner/snack was a couple of slices of Muenster cheese with a couple of dill pickle spears.

After the snacks I was headed to the church to see Lexi perform in the Singing Christmas Tree program. As some of you know, my people pictures aren't too good. It took the entire Christmas program to figure out which setting my camera needed to be on; by then it was over. BTW this was not taken on the right setting, but it's still not the worst picture I took. I will keep taking crappy photos and hopefully one of these days, I will at least get better at it.

After the program they served snacks and punch, so for my third & final snack, I had a glass of punch and what I called a pms bar and this, which I call goo cake.

We had a good time at the program watching Lexi perform and playing with Mary. They did such a good job. I was too tired last night to get this posted and the girls were here early today. I also finally got my tree decorated. I'd contemplated just leaving it bare, since it's only a week until Christmas, but I went ahead and decorated it. I usually leave it up for a week after Christmas anyway. I'll try and post pictures later.  Have a great night and a great day tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment