Google Search Results

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Mid Dinner Snack

I wasn't sure I'd be able to work on the blog any this morning. I'd forgotten I was going to have the girls until I was going to bed last night. I wasn't even sure what time they were going to be here because Lindsay forgot to call remind me and because of the holidays, her schedule is different this week. I found out this morning that they were coming, but not as early as usual. I still don't think I have time to finish this post on time. I have to baby proof and do a few things I'd planned to do after blogging, so that the girls have my full attention.

I didn't get everything done yesterday that I should have done. I spent too much time doing more unnecessary things. One thing I did that was necessary, was breakfast. I had a great big navel orange and a slice of cranberry walnut bread with cream cheese, dried cranberries and a few chopped dates. The orange was really ripe, but a little sour. The sweetness of the dried cranberries and dates helped.

I had a Tofurky wrap with pasta salad for lunch.

I used a flour tortilla, spinach, sliced colby cheese, peppered Tofurky deli slices and a little Italian dressing. It was just a little sloppy, but it was very good. It could have looked better, but even with my lack of wrap making skills, it didn't look too bad. The important thing was that it tasted good.

I had a my piece of leftover pecan pie after lunch. It wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped. It was way too rich and not enough pecans. I really need to make a mystery pecan pie. It has a cream cheese mixture underneath the pecan pie to balance the sweetness of the gooey layer under the pecans. It is so delicious. I use to make one every Thanksgiving, but haven't really be able to in the passed few years.

My dinner was sort of divided into two small meals with a snack in between. I was trying to finish off some of my leftovers. First, I had the last of my veggie chow mein.

The snack in between dinner was a few wonton chips with duck sauce for dipping.

These are so good, but just a little on the greasy side. They should sale these like potato chips or do they? I would love to find a baked variety. I would buy them more often than potato chips. Maybe it's a good thing that they don't have them on the chip isle.

The second half of my dinner was a helping of leftover potato salad with some dill pickle slices on the side. There's nothing better with mustard potato salad than some dill pickle chunks or slices.

Well, I've wrapped this one up fairly quickly, surprise to me. So it looks like I will have it out on time after all. Have a great day!!! The week's already half over.

No comments:

Post a Comment