Google Search Results

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Morning Mess

Here I am this morning trying to get myself in gear, not fully away yet. Yesterday was a much better morning, even though it started out sort of hectic, trying to get the girls and myself breakfast, while keeping an eye on them both. Lexi had cereal and Mary has some banana and both had cheese toast. Mary also helped me eat my breakfast, a fruit & yogurt cereal bowl with vanilla yogurt, bran flakes, cheerios, apple chunks, cinnamon, and walnuts.


I had wanted peanut butter on top, but someone hid the jar and I didn't have time to worry about it.

It looks more like a mess, but it's very good and would have been even better with a little warm peanut butter drizzled over the top.

The girls were very good yesterday. They were more settled down after breakfast. While Mary napped, Lexi and I had lunch. Lexi had spaghetti & meatballs, she wouldn't have soup. I had vegetable soup and crackers.

Mary wouldn't have soup either when she woke up. They are so picky. Lexi use to eat soup with me when she was Mary's age. Spaghetti O's and chicken nuggets have ruined them.

I had a cup of coffee after lunch and after the kids went home. I was starting to get the sleepies. It wasn't my best cup of coffee. I'm not sure why, but it just wasn't that great.

I helped the coffee go down with a piece of carrot cake and some dry roasted almonds. I always drink coffee faster with cake. 

We had a few places to go after Dale got home, so dinner was late and I was starved. I went for something quick and easy, an Amy's vegetable enchilada with rice and beans.

I really like the sauce that's in this dinner.  I always make sure to get every bit of it out of the corners.

These dinners don't look like much, but they are filling.

I had a little of the muddy trail mix after dinner. I wish I had skipped it. I want a little something else, but all it did was make me feel yucky. I usually feel yucky after eating sweet stuff. Why I want it in the first place is beyond me. It's not like I don't know the way it makes me feel before hand. If I just eat one of two bites, I'm ok, but if I eat more than that, I feel awful. My problem is I can rarely stop at one or two bites.

After dinner, as usual, I procrastinated, getting things done and stayed up way too late, which is why I felt like crap this morning. I am going to have to try to do better. I have two goals, #1 is to get more sleep, #2 is to eat less sugar.  It doesn't seem like I'm doing too well, but I am trying. Wish me luck. Happy Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment