Google Search Results

Friday, December 09, 2011

Amy's Organic Southwestern Vegetable Soup Review

It's super chilly this morning. I may have to have a nice hot cup of coffee or a cup of tea, like I had yesterday. I didn't feel like making coffee and I don't need but one cup anyway, so I went with the Lipton Orange Passion Fruit Jasmine green tea, although it's not my favorite. I bought it the last time, because I couldn't find the tea I was looking for. It's not bad, but doesn't have a distinct orange flavor, which is what I was going for.

I also had a French toast bagel and you know what French toast makes me think of? .......maple syrup. I spread my bagel with cream cheese, topped it with chopped walnuts, sprinkled it with a little cinnamon, and drizzled it with light maple syrup.

It reminded me of baklava. It was yummy!
 
Speaking of yummy, I had the yummiest sandwich for lunch. It was also quite possibly, the messiest, but it was so good, I didn't mind. I used part of a large hoagie bun, warmed, a Gardein Chick'n Scallopini patty, tender garden salad mix, onion, cranberry orange relish, mayo, & fresh cracked pepper. 

I usually have this sandwich around Thanksgiving because of the cranberries being used then, but I couldn't seem to get all the ingredients together at the same time. I also normally use cranberry sauce & iceberg lettuce, but since we made cranberry orange relish that was so good this year and I was out of iceberg, I decide to use what I had. I believe this sandwich was even better than the original.

I had Dale piece of pumpkin nut roll later for a snack which he never got around to eating. I spent the afternoon cleaning. Waiting for the internet tech guy to call. I didn't even bother with the Christmas tree, but I did get a lot of other things done. I am slowly decluttering.

I've been meaning to make some soup, but I've been so busy lately, I have gotten around to it, so yesterday for dinner, I had a can of Amy's Organic Southwestern Vegetable soup.

Nutritional Facts
Serving Size: 1 cup
Servings Per Container: ~ 2
Serving Weight: 1 cup
Calories: 140     Calories from Fat: 40
Total Fat: 4g
      Saturated Fat: 0.5g
      Trans Fat: 0g    
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 680mg
Carbohydrates: 21g
      Fiber: 4g
      Sugars: 4g
Protein: 4g
Organic: 99%
Vitamin A: 30% • Vitamin C: 25%
Calcium: 4% • Iron: 8%

I also had a roll I'd heated in the oven on the side. The soup was pretty good. It is a bit spicy. Luckily I like spicy, but I did feel that the spice in this soup, sort of overwhelms the flavor. I can do hot, hot food, but I like to taste my food as well. I think less heat and more flavor would be more desirable to the majority.

The soup wasn't bad despite it's spiciness. I would probably add some tomato & Mexican oregano. It also needed a smoky flavor to compliment the fire roasted vegetables.

You can tell that the corn has been roasted. I would buy this soup again, because I like soup and there aren't too many vegetarian soups to choose from, but I think I would only give it 3 stars.

Everything else I ate yesterday got 5 stars, this snack included. After Zumba I had crackers and light cream cheese w/ extra dill pickle slices for a snack. I was hungry and tired. It was a good workout and a great snack.

After cooling off from my workout, I was sort of cold, so I also had a nice hot cup of Dark Chocolate cocoa. I had received 4 Kcup samples from Cafe Escapes. Lucas tried the regular milk chocolate cocoa and I tried the dark.

There was also a Chai latte and a Cafe Mocha. We both like the cocoa. The dark chocolate was very good but still sort of sweet for my taste. but very chocolaty. You can see how dark it is. I still prefer the white hot chocolate.  Has anyone tried the Chai latte. I'm wondering if it would be good?

I forgot to tell you that the tech guy finally called and set up a time for them to come and fix my internet once I explained that I'd already been through the inside diagnostics and that it was an existing problem that had never been fixed. The tech guy had the internet off this morning, while working on it. He came and said he'd replaced old equipment with new and that my signal and speed were now double what they were and are now where they should be. Hopefully no more dropped internet. Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment