Google Search Results

Friday, December 16, 2011

Corny Cornbread Muffins

This is a recipe I put together. I halved my cornbread recipe, added corn, onion, green pepper, and a little sugar for a not too sweet corn muffin or cornbread. I made them in my Xpress Redi To Go. BTW I don't use the timer on top because the plastic knob melted and stripped once it got hot. Not a good place to put a plastic knob, right? Luckily the cooking part wasn't effected.











Ingredients
1 cup of corn bread mix
1 tsp. sugar 
1/2 cup of milk
1 egg
1/8 cup of oil
2 Tbsp. chopped onion*
1 Tbsp. chopped green pepper*
1/3 cup of frozen corn

Directions
In a small mixing bowl combine dry ingredients, then wet ingredients, and add veggies. I'm not sure about the baking time for muffins, but these took about 15 minutes in the Redi Set Go. I used 1/4 cup of batter for eat one. They baked for 10 minutes on one side and then I flipped them to brown the other side and let them bake another 5 minutes.

*The measurements for the onion and pepper are approximate. You could use a little more or less if needed.

This made 6 half circles in the Redi Set Go. I will update this recipe when I make them as muffins or corn bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment