Google Search Results

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Smart Ones Pasta Primavera Review

I'll be trying to make this a quick post. If you've been reading you know that lately I've been watching the girls, well, I may or may not be watching them tomorrow; it's unconfirmed, so I'm getting this post done early just in case. 

I'll get straight to point and tell you what I had for breakfast this morning. I was delighted to be able to enjoy a pineapple smoothie for breakfast. We've had a fairly warm couple of days and it was refreshing. It's 64 degrees outside right now and I'm roasting.

For lunch I tried a Weight Watchers Smart Ones Pasta Primavera.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 255g

Amount Per Serving
Calories 250 Calories from Fat
35

% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 2g 9%
Monosaturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 5mg 2%
Sodium 610mg 25%
Total Carbohydrate 41g 14%
Dietary Fiber 4g 17%
Sugars 4g
Protein 11g

Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 15%
Iron 10%
I also had a leftover crab cake to go with the pasta.  

The pasta looked very good with a light creamy sauce and colorful veggies( broccoli, carrots, & red bell pepper). I thought it would be a perfect accompaniment for my crab cake and it was.

I really liked the pasta, but thought that the sauce was slightly bland for my taste. I added a little Parmesan cheese to the top along with a sprinkle of black pepper, which gave the pasta the boost it needed, of course it also boosted the calories, etc. a bit. I gave it 4 stars and would definitely buy this again.

Feeling a bit sleepy all day and knowing I had Zumba later, I made some half caf. coffee which I'd intended to make earlier this morning and never got around to it. I added a little peppermint cocoa mix and some mint syrup to my coffee. It was so good, I poured another cup, but then realized I was a bit jittery from having drank the first cup. I pawned the second cup off on Lucas. I didn't want to waste it, but knew better than to drink it.

Before Zumba, I had dinner, an Amy's enchilada verde with black beans & rice with veggies.

This is one of my favorite frozen dinners. I love the spinach enchilada and the salsa verde. It isn't the most appetizing looking meal I've ever seen, but it is definitely tasty.

We had an awesome workout at Zumba. We did 4 songs back to back with weights. We also did songs without weights, thankfully, but normally we alternate between songs with weights and songs without. I'm hoping I won't be feeling it in the morning. I do think I will sleep good. 

I rode with the a/c blowing in the car on the way home. I was sweaty and it felt good. When I got home I was ready for a snack. I had a Chobani Greek Lemon Yogurt.

It wasn't enough. I also had some crackers with light cream cheese and pickles. These were very good and I could have eaten a few more, but didn't.

Not sure why, but I thought I'd also post a picture of the little Christmas tree, I had let Lexi decorate. I also have a larger tree which I still haven't decorated. I really liked the colors of the little tree, but I don't have decorations for the big tree to match. I'd basically picked the bright colors for Lexi. I thought she would like them, but after seeing it, I like them too.

Ok, so it's late and I may be watching tots tomorrow, so I'd better get some sleep. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment