Google Search Results

Friday, December 30, 2011

North Catch Sweet & Spicy Chunk Light Tuna Review

It's looking like the beginning of a great day. I'm feeling pretty positive today, hoping to get a few things accomplished. I slept in a little this morning, but also didn't get to bed quite as early as I have been.

Yesterday was totally different. I felt like icky pooh. I really needed a cup of coffee. I did get breakfast before the girls arrived, but the coffee came later unfortunately. I heated my leftover pancake in the toaster oven. I spread on peanut butter as usual and drizzled it with some pancake syrup.

It was yummy. I love the smell of this and they are so much better when you don't have to stand there cooking the whole batch before eating.

Finally I got my coffee or actually half coffee/ half mocha hot chocolate. I made this using the Keurig, 2 cups mixed together because I didn't have quite enough coffee left. It was not that great. I don't really like whatever it is they use to sweeten those little kcups of cocoa. At least I had some watered down coffee to cut the sweetness.

Speaking of sweetness. Dale's Aunt Doris sent us some of her homemade peanut brittle which she always makes around Christmas. I did have to have a couple of small pieces.

After many, many, many, interruptions, I had lunch. I had the last of the leftover potato salad, onion rings, and leftover vegetarian beans with a sliced Veggie Patch veggie dog.

I drizzled ketchup all over my onion rings right before eating them. This was so good.

I had a cup of orange juice while I fixed my dinner. I like the kind with pulp. It's like eating an orange without all the chewing.

For dinner I had some of Northern Catch's Sweet & Spicy Chunk Light Tuna from Aldi.

Nutrition Facts
1/4 cup
northern catch chunk light tuna sweet and spicy
Calories 70 Calories from Fat  15
% Daily Value
Total Fat 1.5g 2%
   Saturated Fat 0g 0%
   Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 15mg 5%
Sodium 210mg  9%
Total Carbohydrate 2g 1%
   Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
   Sugars 1g  
Protein 12g  24%
Vitamin A (IU) 100 2%
Vitamin C 0mg 0%
Calcium 10mg 1%
Iron 0.9mg 5%

I had half the pack of tuna over a salad of iceberg, spinach, celery, broccoli, and carrots.

I used a French/Catalina type dressing. The tuna was not very spicy. It was good, I think I could have gotten a similar taste with just plain tuna & catalina dressing. I added some extra hot pepper flakes to the salad to give it some actual spice. I gave the tuna 3 stars. Another thing I did like about the tuna was the fact that it didn't need draining. Now days the canned tuna is almost mush and has become harder to drain. The cans have gotten thinner and the lids usually bow up when you try to drain it using the lid.



I had a dark chocolate Coconut Cluster from my box of Russell Stover chocolates after dinner, loved it. I watched a little tv, fooled too long on the computer and read a little in my book before going to bed. That was my day and in my rush to get this post published, I am leaving it at that. Have a Great Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment