Google Search Results

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Quiet Christmas Day

Christmas morning was quiet here at my house, no small children and all presents had been opened on Christmas Eve. I'd slept in later than usual and after breakfast, I enjoyed just doing nothing for a while. My breakfast was a piece of cranberry bread with nuts, which I spread with peanut butter and a glass of orange juice.


The bread needed something more, so I topped it with a few more dried cranberries and some chopped walnuts.

For lunch, I tried the Tofurky peppered meatless deli slices.

I wasn't sure what the texture would be like, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it feels very similar to the thinly sliced deli slices made from meat. I'd considered heating it in a frying pan, but having tried it cold first, found that it was good just straight out of the package. I really liked the peppery taste of it. Although it might not taste exactly like meat, it had a good flavor and given the chance, I think even meat eaters might like it. I'm giving it 5 stars and can't wait to try their other varieties.

I used the tofurky slices to make one of my Thanksgiving sandwiches with spinach, onion, cranberry orange relish and mayo on a toasted sub bun.

I also had some raw veggies with a little light ranch on the side. The sandwich was yummy and I can't wait to make other sandwiches using Tofurky deli slices.

After lunch we decided to ride over to see Mom & Lynda. Mom fixed decaf coffee and I had a peanut chew with mine.

They had just started a movie when we got there. We watched Cowboys and Aliens starring Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, & Olivia Wilde, not your usual cowboy movie, but I thought it was pretty good. I liked the main characters in this movie, although, I wasn't sure I would at first. It also didn't have an ending you might expect, but I really like the movie, anyway. I do think this movie is either, one you won't like at all or one you will really like. Since I really liked it, I gave it 4 stars. Had the ending been a little better I would have given it 5 stars.

After the movie we rode out to visit with Uncle Bill at the nursing home and then picked up Chinese to bring back for dinner. We got fried cheese wontons (crab rangoons) and I got vegetable chow mein. At first they gave me the wrong order (pork chow mein, yuck!) and we had to make a trip back out to get the right thing. I wanted to get something different from my usual broccoli in garlic sauce. It was really good and I may have to see if I can find a recipe for this one to fix at home. The cheese wontons were not my favorite. These were a little sweet and I prefer the savory variety. They aren't bad, but are more like dessert.

I also had a piece of my dark chocolates when I got home. I think it was a maple nougat. Those are pretty good.

That was our Christmas day, quiet and enjoyable. How was yours, quiet or lots of family & presents & celebrating? Happy Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment