Google Search Results

Saturday, December 10, 2011

No Recipe Vegetable Soup

 It was chilly yesterday morning, but I still had a icy cold smoothie for breakfast. I had some of my cranberry orange relish left that I had thawed for my sandwich the other day, so I used the rest of it along with half an apple to make a cran apple orange smoothie. The orange makes this such a refreshing smoothie.

The internet tech guy came early yesterday morning. While I was trying to blog the internet was down. I didn't realize the guy was working on it. After about 10 or 15 minutes, it came back on and it wasn't long until the guy showed up at the door to inform me that he had installed new equipment. It was awfully slow last night, but seems much better this morning and I've had no disconnects that I know of.

For lunch I had WW Smart Ones Fettucini Alfredo & Broccoli with a Garlic Parmesan Hard Roll.

We got the rolls from the Walmart Deli and despite the name they are very soft. I heated mine in the toaster oven to crisp up the outside. They are very good. I give them 4 1/2 stars, 5 if they had the Parmesan & Garlic flavor all the way throughout.

I finally got around to making my soup for dinner. I had planned to post a recipe, but since I was putting one together as I made the soup and I forgot to measure amounts for my celery & onion and I was out of garlic except for a pinch, I decided to wait and do the recipe another time. It turned out very good even though I didn't have the garlic. At the end it still needed a little something, so I sprinkled in a little vegetable sea salt. I don't even remember where I bought it, but it added just the right flavor and made the soup delicious.

I used water, petite diced canned tomatoes, celery, onion, carrot, bell pepper, green beans, and diced red potatoes.

I would have added a few beans, but didn't want to open a whole can for only 1/2 a cup or so.

I seasoned the soup with coriander, basil, a pinch of garlic, sea salt, pepper, and the vegetable sea salt.

At the last minute, I decide to have another roll with my soup. I loved the tomato-y broth in this soup. I had thought about using a little tomato sauce in it, but liked the way it was without it.

After dinner I had a cup of Ghiradelli Peppermint Cocoa. It called for one cup of milk with 3 level Tbsp. of mix, but I used more milk and could probably have used less mix. Even with more milk it was really sweet and the chocolate sank to the bottom.

Lucas and I watched a movie yesterday. We watched Fast Five with Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, & Dwayne Johnson. It was a pretty good movie with lots of action, but as with most movies, don't expect it to be totally realistic. There is a lot to be questioned in this movie, but as long as you aren't too worried about what's actually possible and what's not, you might enjoy it. I gave it 4 stars.

Well that's it, I guess. Happy Saturday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment