Google Search Results

Thursday, December 01, 2011

More Cranberry Orange Relish

It's a super chilly morning, but it is sunny and that's a good thing. Today's goal is to be more productive. I didn't accomplish a lot yesterday and Friday is reserved for other things. I didn't feel so great yesterday. I didn't feel that bad, but I just didn't feel good.

I started the day off with a cranberry bagel, spread with light cream cheese and topped with a thick layer of cranberry orange relish. We liked the cranberry relish so much, we made more. I will probably have some around Christmas also. It was great with cream cheese, but I can eat this stuff with a spoon.

Lunch was not a frozen dinner, but it did involve some frozen corn and peas along with potatoes and leftover Heinz beans in tomato sauce.

I combined the peas & corn with water, equal amounts of salt & sugar and cooked them in the microwave for several minutes. I also sliced some potatoes and steamed them in the microwave. I brushed them with some butter and topped them with shredded cheese and paprika. It was a nice lunch that didn't take long to fix.

My afternoon snack was a couple of pieces of dark chocolate. One was a dark chocolate coffee truffle, but I really didn't notice the coffee. The other was a square of Lindt's dark chocolate with Chili, which is at the top of my list of dark chocolate favorites.

I also had a few peanut butter filled pretzels.

I also cooked dinner. Can you believe it? Well, it was cooked, but it was simple. I'm all about quick and simple. I made my black bean and pineapple quesadilla and topped it with taco sauce.

This one was a little over stuffed, but it was so good.

I started off thinking about sweet potatoes for dinner and somehow I came up with the quesadilla, no sweet potatoes. I still have sweet potatoes that I need to use. Any suggestions, sweet or savory? I'd thought about soup. I love soup, but I'm definitely open to suggestions. Now on with my day. BTW, I have Zumba this evening, yay!! Happy Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment