Google Search Results

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Heinz Beans In Tomato Sauce Review

Looking forward to a good day today. A good sign is that the skies are blue and the sun is shining.

Yesterday morning started off with gray clouds and rain, but despite that the day wasn't bad. I had the girls (Lexi & Mary) for a while. They were both in a good mood. It did seem quite hectic for a bit, with both of them running in all directions, but I managed to get their breakfast fixed, which helped to slow them down for a bit. I didn't get breakfast before they arrived, so mine was delayed. When I finally got around to fixing my own breakfast, I toasted the half of a cranberry bagel, spread on some light cream cheese and topped it with chopped dates, pumpkin seeds and a few chunks of walnut.

It was a good combination. Pumpkin seeds are a good source of vitamin K, as well as Omega 3, beta carotene and minerals like copper, zinc, magnesium and manganese. Those are just a few of their benefits. The dates are an energy booster and an excellent source of iron, both of which I think I need yesterday.

I also had 1 1/2 cups of  1/2 caff coffee. I added creamer & raw sugar to the first and a little peppermint cocoa mix to the 1/2 cup.

For lunch I tried one of the $2 cans of Heinz Beans in Tomato Sauce, I'd gotten from World Market

They are the vegetarian version of pork & beans.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1/2 cup

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0
Calories 100
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 0g                                                    0%
      Saturated Fat 0g                                      0%
Cholesterol 0mg                                             0%
Sodium 440mg                                             18%
Total Carbohydrate 18g                                6%
      Dietary Fiber 5g                                    20%
      Sugars 7g    
Protein 6g    

Vitamin A 0%         Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 6%         Iron 10%
*    Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

I added a couple of Veggie patch veggie dogs to the beans. The beans taste pretty much like pork & beans without the pork.

Personally I prefer my own version of Porkless Beans, which I think had more flavor. After eating my own I thought the Heinz beans tasted sort of watered down.

They were good and will pass as a quick vegetarian option for meals and recipes, like homemade baked beans. I would like to think that they could be made & sold at a little cheaper price. They are hard to find in my area. They don't have them in regular grocery stores here, so I will probably stick to my recipe. I will give them 3 stars.

We finally had Zumba again last night, after having been off for 2 weeks. I have really missed it. I was very tired yesterday before Zumba. Reluctantly I took about an hours nap after lunch, which helped.
I had a salad for dinner before going to zumba. I did a repeat of the salad I'd had yesterday with iceberg lettuce, carrot, broccoli, dill pickle slices, fiesta blend shredded cheese, and French dressing. I also had the saltines on the side, but forgot the bacon bits.

I realized I'd forgot the bacon bits immediately, but I didn't bother to add them since I was also getting ready to go to Zumba while eating. I'm so glad I chose a salad for dinner, anything else may have been too heavy before a workout.

We had a great workout. I was afraid after having done nothing for two weeks, I would be feeling it this morning, but I'm good. When I got home I had a snack or maybe I should say a couple of snacks. First I had a little Muddy Buddy Chex mix while deciding on a snack.

Then I had a Friendly Farms Peach Greek yogurt, which by the way was very good and even better than the strawberry.

It gets 5 stars.

I also had some Cinnamon life, I'd nearly forgotten about....

...on top of my yogurt.

Later I had a few more of the Muddy Buddies. I watched the Victoria Secret Fashion Show; not much else on. I sorted and uploaded photos as usual. Well, not exactly as usual. They changed my photo storage a little and made it more of a pain to link to photos, but I managed. I also did some reading before bed and that was my day. I'm looking forward to an even better day today. Happy Wednesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment