Google Search Results

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Campbell's V8 Southwestern Corn Soup Review

I'm having trouble getting started again today, with the blog that is. I think if I could find an interesting way to begin each post it would be simpler. I usually begin by saying a bit about the current morning and then have trouble backing up to the day before. My mornings are usually pretty much the same, so making it interesting is rather difficult. I get up, let the dogs out, feed the dogs, and make breakfast. Sometimes even breakfast can be boring. I try to change it up a little, but lately, I'm limited. Yesterday I had a smoothie and as usual it involved a banana, but to change it up a little, I went with a Chocolate Monkey Smoothie. I hadn't had one for a little while. It was very good.


I had a morning snack instead of an early lunch. I was craving something sweet, which I should have ignored. I had a small piece of birthday cake in the frig that was calling my name. I added a single scoop of vanilla ice cream, which was more than enough for the cake. Do you like how I played that down? It wasn't as bad as it could have been....

Because of my morning snack, I had a late lunch. I made an Amy's Black Bean Enchilada with beans and rice.

Amy's dinner's really hit the spot. I checked out Amy's products online and they have quite a selection, some things I'd like to try, but haven't found locally.

Dinner had a Mexican theme as well. I tried another Campbell's V8 soup in a box, their Southwestern Corn Soup.
Nutrition Info*
Amount Per Serving (serving size) = 1 Cup (240 mL)
About 2 servings per container

Calories 140
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 0.5g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 480mg
Total Carbohydrate 24g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar 7g
Protein 3g     
                    % Daily Value**
Vitamin A               6%
Vitamin C               2%
Calcium                  2%
Iron                        2%


* The nutrition information contained in this list of Nutrition Facts is based on our current data. However, because the data may change from time to time, this information may not always be identical to the nutritional label information of products on shelf.
** % Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

As I suspected, it has a somewhat sweet taste from the corn with roasted red peppers and a slightly spicy, but not hot, southwestern seasoning. I also had an Amy's bean & rice burrito with my soup. I added a pinch of salt to my soup, since I wasn't so fond of the sweetness of the soup.

I wasn't sure how I felt about the soup when I first tried it, but the more I ate of it, the better I liked it. It went perfectly with the burrito. The soup has a creamy base with pieces of corn and bits of peppers. I like that there's a full serving of vegetables in each serving, that's two per box. I also got their potato leek soup which they don't show online. Lucas tried it and he thought it was good too. I'll try and do a review on it later when I get another box.

I'm giving the corn soup 4 stars. I first thought I'd give it 3, but as stated, I really liked it after eating more than just a few bites.

Another sweet splurge for the day, a Russell Stover Coconut Cream Santa.

Plus a few handfuls of Emeralds Sweet & Salty dark chocolate peanut butter mixed nuts off camera, which I had while watching a movie. I watched Beastly starring Vanessa Hudgens, Alex Pettyfer, & Mary-Kate Olsen. It was sort of a modern fictional Beauty and the Beast type movie. I gave the movie 4 stars. I expected a little more at the ending, but it was good and I enjoyed it.

Now I need to close this up and get it posted, with a few interruptions and a little more content than usual, I am late getting this one out. Sorry. Happy Thursday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment