Google Search Results

Friday, November 04, 2011

My Favorite Store Bought Sandwich Bread

Another early post, since I'll be busy tomorrow morning, I'm getting this one out tonight. 

I started off the day with a fruit & yogurt cereal bowl. I used Dannon Strawberry yogurt on the bottom, which I topped with cornflakes, Kellogg's Fiber Plus Berry Yogurt Crunch, Cheerios, Chunks of apple, walnuts, and dried cranberries for color.

I normally add ground flax, but I totally forgot it this morning. Also my apple was peeled which I don't normally do. I like the apple peel, but the girls don't and this was the other half of an apple that we peeled for the girls.

I also don't usually mix everything up, but Lucas does and this morning, I thought I'd try it his way. I discovered that the cereal gets a bit softened after mixing everything. My way it stays crunchy to the last bite. How you eat it, would depend on whether or not you like it crunchy or a little less crunchy. How do you like yours? I like it either way.

I also had coffee this morning.

I had a gingerbread cookie with cup of coffee #2, my reward for having gotten a good bit of cleaning done today while I had no little ones to look after. I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but I still consider it to have been a productive day.

This is lunch, a MSF grillers prime veggie burger on an Arnold's 100% whole wheat sandwich thin with spinach, white American cheese, chopped onion, pickles, ketchup, mayo, and a side of onion rings. I like how it looks on my red plate.
 
I used ketchup for my onion rings too. They just aren't the same without ketchup.

This was a great lunch. The burger was my favorite part. It was one of those things that you just want more of or as Dale's Grand Dad used to say, "It tasted like another one".

Before Zumba I had dinner. I had another sandwich thin with peanut butter and a bowl of tomato soup. I really like these sandwich thins. I like to toast them slightly. With the peanut butter it reminded me of a soft cracker, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I really like the thin sandwich buns, either the Arnold sandwich thins or the Nature's Own Sandwich rounds, both are very good. Homemade bread may be the best, but as store bought bread goes, these are my favorite.

I had a little dutch apple snack mix after Zumba with a few walnuts thrown in at the last minute. Tonight was one of those nights when Zumba kicked my butt. Actually my butt was sort of kicked before Zumba. By dinner time my day's supply of energy was nearly drained.

Now I'm out of here. Off to get ready for bed and hopefully sleep better than last night. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment