Google Search Results

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Birds Eye Steamfresh Roasted Red Potatoes Review

It's quiet this morning. It's nice. Yesterday morning was rather hectic. I didn't manage to get breakfast before the girls got here. They hadn't had breakfast yet either. We all munched on apple slices, yogurt, and French toast sticks. I had syrup to go with the sticks, but we didn't use it. Mary also had part of a banana and she and Lexi both also shared a cinnamon waffle. Lexi's favorite part was the strawberry yogurt in a cup.


Lunch was late and I'd munched on a few cheerios with Mary earlier, so I just had my leftover Manicotti with spinach. Spinach is my favorite vegetable for lasagna, etc.

 I also had another piece of pumpkin nut roll to eat, which I'd brought home for Lucas because I was thinking he liked it, he doesn't. It was just a small piece. Luckily Dale ate the larger one. I thought sure Lucas would eat it. He does like cream cheese and spice cake and there are no raisins or other offensive ingredients. What's not to like? His loss, my gain, literally.

For dinner I had a Bird's Eye Steamfresh bag of Roasted Red Potatoes in Chive Butter Sauce.

Nutrition Facts


Steamfresh® Chef's Favorites™ - Lightly Sauced Roasted Red Potatoes with Chive Butter Sauce

Serving Size:1cup(158 grams)
Calories89.05
Sodium285.52 mg
Total Fat0.86 g
Saturated0.47 g
Total Carbs18.34 g
Dietary Fiber1.76 g
Sugars1.4 g
Trans0.01 g
Protein1.92 g
Cholesterol1.24 mg
Vitamin A1%
Calcium1%
Vitamin C0%
Iron20%
Ingredients: Roasted Red Potatoes, Sauce [Water, Butter (Cream, Salt), Sugar, Salt, Food Starch-Modified, Chives, Natural Butter Flavor (Maltodextrin, Modified Butter Oil, Salt, Dehydrated Butter, Guar Gum, Sodium Bicarbonate, Annatto and Turmeric for Color)], Beta Carotene (For Color), Onions

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs
                                                                                                                                 

There's enough for 2 servings in a bag. I gave Lucas part of them and had the rest with green beans. The whole day was busy or rushed and I didn't get too elaborate with anything. The potatoes were very good. There's also onion in the potatoes. I loved the buttery sauce and the fact that it's low in fat. I added a pinch of salt and some black pepper. My favorite part is the potato skins. The potatoes cooked up perfectly. I really like the steamer bags, one less dish to wash, not to mention, they have a great vegetarian selection. I just have to make sure to read the ingredient label to make sure there's no chicken fat, etc. slipped in somewhere. I gave the potatoes 5 stars. Yummy!!

After dinner I was off to Zumba. I was pretty chilly when I got there. I kept my fleece jacket on for the first few songs. Luckily all that moving doesn't take long to warm you up. It was a good workout. We did some old songs and some new ones. My favorite are the ab songs, sort of easy, but yet very effective and fun as well.

I had a gingerbread cookie as my after Zumba snack.

I dressed him up with cream cheese and covered him in raisins, dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. Lucas doesn't like these either. What is wrong with that boy?

I finished up early last night, so that I could get some reading in. I'm not even half way through the book, but I have a back up plan. I can get the paper book from the library. I did stay up rather late even though I went to bed early. I got to an interesting part in the book and just kept reading.

Since we had Zumba last night and we did a new cool down song, I'm posting a video for a song that can be used for a warm up or cool down. It's not the song we did, but I really like this song and I love that someone has created a routine to go with it.

Now I'm going to go and try to get a few things done that I haven't gotten to do lately plus read a little. Happy Wednesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment