Google Search Results

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Lean Cuisine Tortilla Crusted Fish Review

The rain has arrived and it looks like it's going to be here a while. I'm feeling the need for a pick me up, even though I've already had breakfast. Yesterday breakfast was enough of a pick me up that I didn't need anything else; a half of a cranberry bagel spread with peanut butter and sprinkled with raisins & white chocolate chips.


I had leftover pasta salad for lunch with a few add ins. First I added broccoli and a little extra fat free Italian dressing.

Then I added a little shredded Italian blend cheese and some cracked pepper. Great lunch!

I also finished off my Waldorf salad.

Lucas and I went to the Goodwill and the Mall yesterday after lunch, to look for him some pants. We got a 10 dollar JCPenney coupon online to take with us. He got 3 pair of pants for $25, two from Goodwill for $8 and one pair from JCP for $17 plus the reusable holiday shopping bag he had to get, since the pants were on sale for $24.99 and the coupon require a $25 purchase (they get you with the penny). The bag only cost $1.34. They also have chocolate bars at the register to make up the difference. We stopped at Starbucks on the way out. I got a tall Gingerbread Latte 1/2 caf. I would have gotten decaf, but I had a terrible headache and was hoping the caffeine would help. The Gingerbread Latte was very good. I would have preferred it a little less sweet though. It's more like dessert than coffee. Lucas tried mine and he like it too.

Lucas got a regular tall Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino. I also would have liked the gingerbread latte in a Frappuccino version, but I don't know if they do that, normally I would have asked, but with the headache I thought the warmth might be better anyway.

We were suppose to take our library books back yesterday and totally forgot. I guess we'll be doing that today.

I had Lean Cuisine's Tortilla Crusted Fish for dinner.

Nutritional Information
Serving Size: 1 (8.0 ounces)
Servings Per Package: 1

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 300
Calories From Fat 80

%Daily Value*
Total Fat (g)     9     14 %         Cholesterol (mg)     30     10 %

Saturated Fat (g)     2     0         Sodium (mg)     490     20 %

Trans Fat (g)     0             Potassium (mg)     610     17 %

Polyunsaturated Fat (g)     4             Total Carbohydrate (g)     41     14 %

Monounsaturated Fat (g)     2             Dietary Fiber (g)     2     8 %

Protein (g)     13             Sugars (g)     7    

Diet Exchanges 1 1/2 Lean Meat,2 1/2 Starch,1/2 Vegetable

*
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

    Calories:     2,000     2,500
Total Fat     Less Than     65g     80g
Sat Fat     Less Than     20g     25g
Cholesterol     Less Than     300mg     300mg
Sodium     Less Than     2,400mg     2,400mg
Potassium     Less Than     3,500mg     3,500mg
Total Carbohydrate     300g     375g
Dietary Fiber     25g     30g

Vegetable Servings** 2
**The USDA Food Guide Pyramid suggest 3-5 one-half cup servings of vegtables a day.
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus™ *** 8
***Not endorsed by Weight Watchers®. PointsPlus™ calculated by NestlĂ©.

Nutritional information is subject to change. Please see label of product on store shelves for the most current information.

I wasn't extremely impressed with this dish. It was not bad, it just wasn't great. The fish was sort of bland. It doesn't get crispy in the microwave, but was only soggy on one side, because of the rice.

The rice was better and helped give the fish some flavor. It didn't really have a cheesy flavor, but was slightly spicy, not hot though. Brown rice would have been better. I could eat this again, but I would season the fish a little I think. I gave this dish 3 stars. 

I was really feeling snacky last night, not sure what the problem was. Nothing seem to satisfy me. I tried 3-4 peanut butter pretzels, but that didn't cut it.

I also had popcorn. This batch wasn't that good and didn't do the trick either. I ate quite a bit of it anyway, (mindless munching) while uploading and sorting photos.

I devoted the evening to reading. Intent on finishing my book (The Girl Who Played with Fire). I finished it. I liked this one better than the first, but it had a terribly abrupt ending, which left me really wanting to get started on the 3rd book, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest. I so glad I don't have to wait for it to be published and luckily Lucas has the 3rd one in hard back. I do think I prefer reading ebooks though. Which do you prefer? Happy Wednesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment