Google Search Results

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Veggie Cuisine Roasted Red Pepper Fettuccini Review

Another nightly post before a busy morning. I sitting listening to rain and keeping an eye on the weather. There have already been some tornado warnings in the nearby areas. Hopefully we will dodge the bullet. 

Anyway, since I have morning plans, I'll tell you about my day now. I started off the day with half a French toast bagel. I let Tom have a peep at it.

I'd planned to have light cream cheese with it, but I'd forgotten I'd eaten the last of it already, so I went with peanut butter and then I sprinkled it with some of the sunflower and pumpkin seeds from the Men's Omega 3 Energy Mix. I also topped it with some dried cranberries.

Lunch was a repeat of last night's dinner. In fact, the photo is also a repeat. Somehow I completely forgot to take a picture. It was pretty much the same anyway.

I had some Chex Muddy Buddy mix as a snack. It's the store bought version and not the homemade. I do believe the homemade version is better. While it's not as evenly coated, it has a thicker layer of the coating. Tom agrees.

I finally got to finish up my trip to the grocery store today. I'd been trying to go for several days, but one thing or the other got in the way. 

I already had my dinner in the freezer. I usually fix something quick after going to the grocery store, of course most of my meals are pretty quick. What can I say, I'm impatient when it comes to food. I had Lean Cuisine's Veggie Cuisine Roasted Red Pepper Fettuccini. This was full of squash ( Zucchini & Yellow), which I don't really care for. I picked it out. The sauce was very good. It was a little spicy, which I like, but not very spicy. I sort of wish they'd used some other vegetable in it. It also had Gardein's chick'n strips which I love. My personal rating, because of the squash, would have to be 3 stars, but with the right vegetables, it could have easily gotten 5, so if you like squash, this dish deserves a taste. 

Nutritional Information

Serving Size: 1 (9.0 ounces)
Servings Per Package: 1
 
Amount Per Serving:
 
Calories 280
Calories From Fat 70
 
%Daily Value*
Total Fat (g) 8 13%
Cholesterol (mg) 5 1%
 
Saturated Fat (g) 2 0
Sodium (mg) 700 29%
 
Trans Fat (g) 0

Potassium (mg) 540 15%
 
Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 3

Total Carbohydrate (g) 34 11%
 
Monounsaturated Fat (g) 3

Dietary Fiber (g) 4 15%
 
Protein (g) 17

Sugars (g) 6
 
Diet Exchanges 1 ½ Lean Meat 1 ½ Starch 2 Vegetable 1 Fat
 
*
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
 

Calories: 2,000 2,500
Total Fat Less Than 65g 80g
Sat Fat Less Than 20g 25g
Cholesterol Less Than 300mg 300mg
Sodium Less Than 2,400mg 2,400mg
Potassium Less Than 3,500mg 3,500mg
Total Carbohydrate 300g 375g
Dietary Fiber 25g 30g
 
Vegetable Servings** 2
**The USDA Food Guide Pyramid suggest 3-5 one-half cup servings of vegtables a day.

Weight Watchers® PointsPlus® *** 7
***Not endorsed by Weight Watchers®. PointsPlus® calculated by NestlĂ©.

Nutritional information is subject to change. Please see label of product on store shelves for the most current information.

I also liked the wide flat noodles.

The chick'n strips seem to have some green flecks in them??, I'm not sure what that's about, but they are very good.

Since the fettuccini wasn't as filling as it would have been with the squash. I also had some egg noodles a little later, as well as an off camera orange.

Well, that was my day. Now I'm sitting here listening to the rain, watching Letterman talk about Downy Unstopables, you know, the laundry scent booster. Now, I'm off to get ready for bed, and then check the weather to see that this storm has planned. Have a great night/day!!! While you're here, feel free to subscribe to the blog and/or follow me on Twitter if you haven't already. I can always use more subscribers. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment