Google Search Results

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Running On Empty

Today I am trying to recover from trying to do too much on too little sleep. I am not doing a very job of it though. I'm still feeling exhausted. Yesterday was a very busy day and I'd only had about 6 hours of sleep. I had to babysit the girls early yesterday morning and I also went for another GDO with Mom & Lynda. 

The girls got here early and we had breakfast together. They had fried eggs over medium (white is cooked, yolk is runny). I had a scrambled egg on toast. 

I also had another piece of toast with dutch apple jam.

I was already kind of tired when I left to go with Mom & Lynda. We went to Panera's first to pick up bagels and then over to a consignment shop where I got some $2 Old Navy drawstring jammie bottoms, then on to Starbucks. I decide to try the gingerbread latte as a Frappuccino instead. It got a thumbs down and only 2 stars. I won't get another one. I'm not sure why it's so bad as a cold drink, but it's not good, and it definitely doesn't hold a candle to the hot latte version, which, I hope to get again before they switch to some other flavor. BTW I forgot to take the photo when I first got my Frappuccino. I also completely forgot to bring my camera. Luckily Lynda had hers with her and emailed the photos to me at the end of the day. I also got a few with Mom's camera later. Thanks to both of them for saving the blog!!
 
We also went to Fresh Market and picked up some goodies. I got Wild Flower Honey, Men's Omega 3 Energy Mix (the men's looked better than the women's), and Ghirardelli Peppermint Cocoa Mix.
 
We had lunch at the Cook House restaurant. They serve a lot of home cooking type foods. I've eaten there a few times and the food is usually pretty good. I got a blackened flounder fillet sandwich with coleslaw, steak fries and a dill pickle spear on the side this time. I was starving and it tasted good, much better than the fried battered version. I normally don't eat creamy slaw when I go out, but I put the slaw on my sandwich this time. I also enjoyed the pickle. I haven't had a dill spear in a while. We mostly get the hamburger dill chips.

After going to Target and World Market we headed back to Mom's. We picked up pizza from Pizza Hut on the way. I had 2 slices of veggie pizza and some sweet hot peppers on the side. I wasn't able to eat all of it. We'd had a late lunch.

I was especially tired by the time I got home. I didn't even upload photos last night. I still managed to stay up too late. I tried to sleep in this morning, but that didn't work out as well as I had hoped. I did manage to sleep off and on until 9am, but it didn't seem like a restful sleep. I've taken my time putting together today's post. I still feel sort of disconnected. I'm hoping the feeling passes. Happy Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment