Google Search Results

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

What To Do With Those Over Ripe Bananas

A bit slow getting started this morning. I had too many things popping up that needed attention. I'm also feeling sort of yucky today. I'm hoping the day gets better as it goes.

Yesterday morning was not so bad. I had the girls who got here just as I was getting ready to make my breakfast. I fixed us all a banana pudding smoothies. Lexi drank hers, Mary preferred cheese toast. Lexi had cheese toast with her smoothie. The smoothies were not as cold as usual. They would have been better with frozen banana. I had started freezing banana slices because my bananas were getting too ripe before I had a chance to eat them all. I found that the smoothies were even better with the frozen banana. You could also thaw them to use in banana bread, muffins, etc. I now buy the bananas that have the price reduced for a quick sale because they are getting too ripe. I take them home and slice them up to put in the freezer for smoothies, etc. I usually put them on wax paper in a single layer, then after they've frozen I put them in a container, then back to the freezer, that way I can take out as few or as many as needed. I'll take that 20 cent per pound reduction any day.

Here are a few recipes they can be used for.
Banana Pudding Smoothie
Banana Nut Smoothie
Banana Yogurt Pancakes
Blueberry Banana Smoothie
Crumb Topped Banana Muffins
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins


I also had a cup of coffee a little later. Having to run after the 2 girls, I needed a shot of caffeine. I tried the Hershey's Pumpkin Spice kisses in my coffee, but found that they weren't quite as good that way. I didn't get enough of the flavor. The Candy Cane kisses are so much better that way. The pumpkin kisses also turned my coffee orange on top.

For lunch I just had my leftover vegetable stir fried rice in a bowl. I need to get more egg rolls.

This also makes me want some Sweet & Sour Veggies. Yum!

I had the last Monster Cookie a little later.

Apparently lunch wasn't enough. This was snack #2. I wanted dinner but it was only about 3:30pm and with Zumba this evening, I knew I would need something else later anyway, so I had a few seasoned fries with the last bit of leftover coleslaw.

Now this snack hit the spot.

Ok, this shot is dedicated to Lynda, lol, who noticed all my shots gave away the fact that I eat with my left hand. My dinner doesn't really go with the somewhat formal look, but it was just for fun anyway. I'm more of an informal person.

For dinner I had sort of an open faced chili cheese veggie dog. I lightly toasted a piece of bread and topped it with the last of my leftover veggie chili mixed with veggie crumbles and a bit of Cattlemen's Carolina Tangy Gold BBQ sauce (a mustard based bbq sauce). I heated a VP veggie dog in the toaster oven. I sliced it afterward and put it on top of the chili mixture under a slice of white American cheese, then back to the toaster oven to melt the cheese under the broiler.

Yummy, quick dinner

After a great workout at Zumba with new songs, I had a Chobani Greek lemon yogurt. This stuff is so awesome. I still swipe the sides with my finger, far from formal.

Alright it's late, this post is outta here!! Happy Wednesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment