Google Search Results

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Friendly Farms Strawberry Greek Yogurt Review

As promised, an early post. I'm getting this post up the night before, since I'll have a busy morning tomorrow. 

This morning I was feeling somewhat energized, unlike the last two mornings. I even made coffee, first thing.  I also helped myself to not two (as pictured), but 4 Hostess Gingerbread donuts. Having eaten two first, the last two looked so lonely in the bag, I couldn't bare to leave them (yeah, liked they'd rather be eaten than lonely). They were really good with coffee, half caff as usual, with just a little powdered cream & raw sugar. Oh and I did have another cup of coffee as well and as expected, I was very energetic today.
 I still haven't managed to get my tree up as I had planned, but I did get a few other thing accomplished, however. 

Lunch was sort of a repeat of the last few days meals. I had the last of the mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and stuffing with some cheese melted over the potatoes and beans, just to change it up a bit.

As of today I am so ready for something different. It was good, but it's so much better when you haven't eaten it for a week.

I had a cup of Friendly Farms Strawberry Greek yogurt from Aldi for my afternoon snack. I've posted a photo of the label, the yogurt prior to stirring, and a photo of the yogurt after being stirred. Strawberry yogurt with fruit on the bottom is not my favorite particularly because the strawberries tend to be sort of brown, but this one was not so bad. The strawberries didn't exactly look fresh, but most were still a faded red with pink juice. 
 The yogurt was thick and quite similar to Chobani, which I love and if I remember correctly, I wasn't as impressed with Chobani's strawberries. The FF strawberry yogurt smelled really good and the nutritional info was very similar, with the Friendly Farms, actually having more Vitamin C and less sodium. I've posted the info for both, so that you can compare the two. I am giving FF 5 stars. I didn't find anything about it to dislike.
Nutrition Facts
Aldi Friendly Farms - Greek Yogurt - Strawberry (Non-Fat)

1 Serving - 6oz.
 
Calories     140     Sodium     50 mg
Total Fat     0 g     Potassium     150 mg
Saturated     0 g     Total Carbs     21 g
Polyunsaturated     0 g     Dietary Fiber     0 g
Monounsaturated     0 g     Sugars     19 g
Trans     0 g     Protein     14 g
Cholesterol     0 mg           
Vitamin A     0%     Calcium     15%
Vitamin C     8%     Iron     0%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Compare to Chobani
Another thing I loved about today's food was dinner. I had a sort of unusual combination of things in my salad. I used iceberg lettuce, carrot, broccoli, and dill pickle slices, to start off with and several saltine crackers on the side. 

I added a fiesta blend of shredded cheese to the top.

.......then came the French dressing and imitation bacon bits. I wasn't sure about how good it would be with the sweetness of the dressing and the sour pickles, but it was actually quite good and I would eat this type of salad again. It might also be good with a honey mustard dressing. 
Now I'm off to read, before it gets any later than usual. I've only gotten in a few pages lately, but I've already met my goal for year on Goodreads and I plan to set it a bit higher for next year. Have a good night/day!!! Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment