Google Search Results

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Sampling Thanksgiving Foods

Well I've had a busy day and lots to blog about. I started off with a different breakfast for me. I've wanted to try a Thanksgiving themed breakfast, so I decided to try a Pumpkin Spice Smoothie. I've been craving something with pumpkin and I had all the ingredients for a smoothie. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not, but it sounded good and luckily it was.


I used to make spicy pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving, but nobody I know cares too much for pumpkin pie, so my family adopted the tradition of sweet potato pie instead. Sweet potato pie is very good, but it doesn't have the spice that makes pumpkin pie so good. Sure I could add spice to the sweet potato pie, but it's just not the same.

I had a small glass of apple cider as my mid morning snack.
After breakfast and a shower, I had the girls (Lexi & Mary) for a while today. I fixed lunch for them when they got here. They had chicken nuggets, mac & cheese and little squeeze pouches of applesauce and banana.

This is my lunch. I didn't have chicken nuggets or applesauce with banana. I did have macaroni & cheese, but not the kind that comes to mind. I had Smart Ones Three Cheese Ziti Marinara. It's really good.

I also had coffee and a couple of gingerbread donuts.

This evening I made my homemade rolls. I normally use muffin pans and make clover leaf rolls, but this year, I decide to put them all in round pans for mini pull apart rolls.

I baked one small pan and refrigerated the others to be baked tomorrow morning.


They turned out good and of course we had to sample them just to be sure.

I had mixed vegetables and macaroni & cheese for dinner along with a couple of the mini rolls.

I also made cranberry orange relish for tomorrow, which I also had to sample and now that I have, I'm not sure there will be any left come morning. This relish is awesome. I could sit down with a spoon and the bowl of relish and eat until there wasn't anything left, but the smell and it even smells awesome. I wish my house smelled like this relish.

I did good though. I only had a few big spoonfuls. One spoonful each on 2 more of the rolls and another spoonful by itself. It is so much better than store bought and it's so easy to make. I may never buy store bought again.
I seem to be having a combination of internet problems and technical difficulties with some of my photos from older posts, I'll have to get it fixed before I can post links. It's late and I have to be up early so I'm cutting this post short. I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and a Happy Thursday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment