Google Search Results

Saturday, November 05, 2011

Cookies And Coffee Breakfast

It's a chilly morning. I'm hoping it warms up a little outside, maybe I can get Lucas to go for a walk. We've missed going for while. I do think I've been getting a bit of a workout running after the girls lately. I know I feel like I've worked out afterwards.

Yesterday the girls got here before I'd gotten breakfast, before they'd gotten breakfast as well. I fixed them cheese grits. Living in North Carolina for 25 years has not given me a taste for grits. I've never had any desire what so ever to eat them. My husband eats them, my kids eat them and my grand kids eat them, but I'm sorry, I don't eat them.

I just grabbed myself a cup of coffee and a gingerbread man. I actually had another cup a little later with another cookie, maybe not the worst breakfast, but far from the healthiest. Some days I just eat junk and enjoy it, but I try to make up for it the rest of the day. I've been thinking about my 3 minute oatmeal cookies. I will have to make some soon or maybe some baked oatmeal.

The girls do pretty good during the morning, no fussing, just playing nicely. They are pretty energetic though.

I had lunch while Mary took a nap. Lexi had spaghetti & meatballs and I had Campbell's Select Harvest Light Southwestern Style Vegetable soup.


I mixed it with my easy Mexican rice for a heartier soup. I had some tortilla chips to go with it.

I think I like the Mexican rice even better in soup. It was yummy!

I tried to get the girls to have some apple with me for a snack, so I peeled & sliced half. I ate the peeling and the half of apple. Neither of them were interested. Mary also wasn't interested in spaghetti & meatballs for lunch. She mostly nibbled on cheese and crackers, refusing everything else, except for that and dry roasted peanuts. Papaw has taught her well. I also had a few peanuts.

I had steamed vegetables for dinner, broccoli and sliced potatoes with the peel on sprinkled with chives. All healthy right? Not.... I drizzled it all with melted butter and it was good!

It was so good, I ate a bit too much.

I was super tire after the girls left. I still didn't manage to get to bed early. I have been reading The Girl Who Played with Fire and once I get started I just want to keep reading, which is not good if you need to be in bed early. I'm over halfway done though. I hope I can knock out a chunk of it today, but I need to get some more cleaning done before next week. Well I better run, literally. Happy Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment