Google Search Results

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Easy Mexican Rice Recipe




Brown rice cooked with taco seasoning, kidney beans, and tomatoes. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. I altered it just a little. I used regular brown rice and kidney beans, but you could use instant brown or white rice and any kind of bean you like such as black or pinto. I also used my own taco seasoning.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
3 cups water
1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (15.25 ounce) can kidney beans,
drained
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes,
drained


Directions:
1. In a saucepan bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
2. Stir in taco seasoning, kidney beans, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes.
3. Cook over medium heat until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment