Google Search Results

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WW Smart Ones Three Cheese Ziti Marinara Review

I did not consider Tuesday a great day. It was not the worst, but it definitely could have been better. 

It was one of those days, when nothing seemed to go right, one thing after another went wrong. I really needed coffee this morning, but the kids showed up before I'd even gotten breakfast. They were running late and so was I. I am so out of practice with little ones. I always felt more in control when it came to taking care of my own children. I had routines, I still do. They are what keep me focused. I'm very unorganized when I don't have a routine and lately my routines have been out the window.

Since Lindsay was running late, I had to get the kids some breakfast. When I finally got around to getting breakfast for myself, I was too scatterbrained to think about getting a photo. I did think about it right after I ate. That was a bit late though.

I had a bagel with cream cheese, dates, raisins, and sunflower seeds. I also had half a red delicious apple. The cream cheese was a nice change.

Lucas made coffee. The filter basket wasn't pushed down complete, which kept the water from draining properly. The coffee pot filled with water and coffee grounds. The grounds clogged the opening completely, which let water and grounds fill the basket and run over a little. It was quite a mess. I pushed the filter basket down to let it finish draining, then refiltered the coffee to keep it from going to waste and save having to make another pot. Despite all that, I managed to get a shot of my cup of coffee. 

I had a spoonful of Ghirardelli Peppermint Cocoa Mix with my coffee plus a little extra peppermint syrup.

The rest of the day sort of went the same way, one problem after the other. The kids weren't too bad, but they definitely didn't make things go any smoother. Lexi seems to show her jealousy of Mary more and it's hard to give her the undivided attention she wants when I'm constantly chasing Mary. Hopefully Lexi will adjust eventually. It will be even harder once the new baby arrives. I just hope I can adjust as well.

I had planned to have my other mushroom and egg noodles today, but somehow the container was left out on the counter and I didn't notice it until this morning. I really hate wasting food and this rarely happens. It was a sign that the day would not go smoothly. 

Instead of stuffed mushroom and noodles, I had leftover broccoli soup and cheese toast. Cheese toast was so much easier than grilled cheese, but less preferred. 

I wasn't really in the mood for the broccoli soup, but it did fill the void.

Mom & Lynda brought a pan of unbaked angel biscuit for me to bake for the kids. All the goodness, without all the mess, right? I definitely needed things like that today. 

They also brought Dutch Apple Jam from Yoder's(?). It tastes like apple pie.
 
I had some of the jam with butter on one of the biscuits.

By the time the Lindsay came to get the girls and I got ready for Zumba I sort of ran out of time for and early dinner, instead I had a handful of Cajun Snack mix, which I wasn't in the mood for, so this changed to a couple more handfuls of plain sesame sticks last minute which I didn't get a photo of.

Needless to say, when I got back from Zumba, I was not only exhausted, but starved. Babysitting and exercising together in one day really kicked my butt. It makes me feel so out of shape. I think I was not only physically tired, but mentally as well. 

I grabbed dinner from the freezer, a Smart Ones Three Cheese Ziti Marinara.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 255g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 300
Calories from Fat 70
                                                  % Daily Value *
Total Fat                        8g                  12%
Saturated Fat             3.5g                  17%
Monosaturated Fat        2g     
Polyunsaturated Fat      2g     
Cholesterol                 10mg                  4%
Sodium                     580mg                25%
Total Carbohydrates   44g                   16%
Dietary Fiber                4g                   15%
Sugars                          3g     
Protein                        14g     
Vitamin A                                             10%
Vitamin C                                               4%
Calcium                                               15%
Iron                                                     15%
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

 I thought I'd eaten this before, but after fixing it, I'm thinking maybe I haven't.  The sauce had a good flavor, nothing all that fancy, but still good. There was some cheese on top, but after stirring between cooking, you can't see it as well. I did tastes some bits of onion in the sauce which were a little under cooked, but not enough to bother me.

For no particular reason, I liked that the ziti was longer than the usual. It's one of the reasons, that I realized I hadn't eaten it before.

I added Parmesan cheese to the ziti, but it didn't really need it. It was pretty good even without it. After I was finished, I made sure to get every last bit out of the tray. I suppose this could have been because I was so hungry, but if it weren't good I would have found something else to eat. I'm giving the Ziti 4 stars.

Now, it's late and I'm tired. I've finished the post early. I'm putting it out tonight and sleeping in tomorrow. Have a great night/day!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment