Google Search Results

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Babysitting Adventures & The Internet Problem

Back to the blog again this morning, still trying to catch up, wishing I'd done Tuesday's post off line as well.

Tuesday started off a little earlier than usual. My two favorite girls and I were going to spend the day together. Not use to having little ones around for that long at one time made for an interesting day. It was a little disorganized, but we did it and we had a good time.

Breakfast was rushed. I grabbed the quickest easiest thing I had, the last piece of red velvet birthday cake, ah, the breakfast of champions. This is actually half of 2 pieces stacked on top of each other. Lucas ate the other half. It doesn't look to great, but that didn't affect the taste.

I also had a few dry roasted almonds, so that it didn't feel like a completely unhealthy breakfast.

The rest of the day was spent playing, running back and forth between the two kids. They are a busy set. Having two kids of your own is just a little different from having two that belong to someone else. First of all my home is not exactly kid friendly. Secondly, I have routines, they routines and the two routines don't always work together exactly, but things did go more smoothly than expected. Meals wasn't one of them. It was a grab and go kind of day.

For lunch Lucas fixed some potatoes O'Brien. I grabbed a bowl of them with the last of the leftover Manwich sauce and a sprinkle of Monterey Jack cheese. It wasn't exactly what I would have chosen otherwise, but it was there, it was ready and it filled the void.

I didn't sleep well the night before & neither did Lucas who was helping me with the girls, so we also fixed some coffee and using a package of Ghirardelli Peppermint Cocoa Mix, we made ourselves some Peppermint Mochas.

I added a little extra peppermint syrup to mine. It was pretty good. It definitely helped up keep up with the kids.

We all snacked on apple chips, even Mary had one.

The kids snacked and ate on & off all day long, not really stopping for a real meal. By the time Mom came back, we had filled several plates & juice cups, watched several tv shows & movies, even though Netflix was down and Lexi had typed on the computer we'd set up for her. We'd installed Kidoz for her, but without internet it was useless, luckily she reads and writes and was happy to type out "her bills". We also had a wireless keyboard and mouse for Mary who was happy clicking and pushing buttons herself. It was quite a day.

After Lindsay and the girls went home I sat down with a Stouffer's French bread cheese pizza, which was not bad but not quite as good as I'd hoped. The sauce was just alright, sort of bland for pizza sauce and under the cheese and sauce was a layer of soggy bread. I suppose this is unavoidable being pre-made and frozen, but not a problem with regular frozen pizza. I gave it a 3 and would probably choose to stick with regular frozen pizza or make my own French bread pizza using my favorite sauce. It would be nearly as simple and I could choose my preferred toppings as well.

My reward for a hard day of playing was a Reese's flavored Klondike Bar. Yummy!!

After enjoying a little sit down time, I got around to calling about the internet problem. After 3 calls and answering lots of questions and doing lots of plugging and unplugging of cords and cables the phone company finally decided they would send someone out the next day to check it out, so still no internet on Tuesday. I was sort of disgusted and didn't even fool with the blog other than uploading my photos (mistake). Now I'm trying to get caught up. For now I'm posting the events a day at a time so I'll get to the rest of the story of "Babysitting Adventures & the Internet Problem", in the next post which we be up hopefully sometime between today & tomorrow. Happy Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment