Google Search Results

Monday, October 03, 2011

Chungs Mini Vegetable Egg Roll Review

It's a chilly morning, the same as yesterday. I remedied the chill yesterday with a cup of coffee. I had a small cup of Sunny D, the original Sunny D, while waiting on my coffee to brew.


I had coconut sugar in my coffee. It doesn't taste at all like coconut. It reminds me of brown sugar. I didn't think to take a picture of it. (Updated to include photo.) I may add one later. Coconut sugar is better for you. It's naturally low on the Glycemic Index, which has benefits for weight control and improving glucose and lipid levels in people with diabetes (type 1 and type 2).


I had half decaf/ half regular coffee. I loved the coconut sugar in my coffee, but a large cup of coffee was a bit too much. About 2/3's of the way down in the cup, I could really feel the caffeine. I am caffeine sensitive I suppose. I think a regular cup would be enough. I just love the taste of coffee. I guess I'll just have to have mostly decaf. Do you like how I go for less sugar in my coffee and have a sugary glazed donut on the side? Well, every little bit helps, I suppose.


This was in the freezer. I had no idea what kind of donut it was and after eating it, I still don't. I suppose it was just a plain glazed cake donut. I really need to remember to label things; most of the time I do. It must have been from Krispy Kreme though or it wouldn't have had all that glaze. Luckily, I think it was the last one in the freezer.

We went to Mom's yesterday while she & Lynda were gone. We raided their frig and obviously their candy bowl. I had a Reese's peanut butter pumpkin.

We cut grass, watered plants, turned on the heat, and watched television. I found Chung's mini vegetable egg rolls in the freezer to fix for lunch.
I also found MorningStar Farms garden veggie patties...
...and seasoned fries.

I fixed the egg rolls which Dale helped eat. These were very good. They did take a bit longer to cook than the package directions, of course that may be the oven or it may be my preference of a slightly crisp outside. These did seem to be mostly wrap and very little veggie inside, but you have to consider that these are a mini version of the egg roll and so there isn't a lot of room inside. I just gave them a 4, since I don't necessarily think all that wrap is a good for you, but these are good. The duck sauce that came with them was pretty good too. I also used the sauce for my veggie patty, it was great.

I had a garden patty and some of the fries with my egg rolls and several packets of duck sauce. The veggie patties, btw, are very good with an Asian themed dinner. They are made with a blend of mushrooms, water chestnuts, onion, carrots, green and red bell peppers, black olives, brown rice, and rolled oats. Dale & Lucas had General Tso's Chicken which they also found in the freezer. We still had Sunday dinner at Mom's, but without them. Thanks Mom & Lynda, sorry you missed it!!

There was also a fortune cookie on the table. I ate that too.

Here's the fortune inside.

I had my two slices of leftover Kashi Mediterranean Pizza for dinner. I wasn't very hungry, so this was enough.

I was able to get everything finished up early last night, but I was still a little later getting to bed than I should have. I didn't get a lot of reading done yesterday during the day. I'd taken my ereader with me to Mom's but didn't realize the battery was nearly dead and I didn't take the charger. It's getting down to the end of the book, where all the interesting stuff takes place, so when I finally did get to read, I really just kept wanting to read more. I finally forced myself to put it down and go to bed. I've only about 18% left. Maybe I can knock that out today. Are you into a good book? What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment