Google Search Results

Monday, October 10, 2011

Party Girls

Here I sit wishing the sun were shining. I was ready for the heat wave to be over, but I'm not so sure I'm ready for those dreary winter days without sun. I am ready for Fall food. I've really been in the mood for apples. I fixed another apple smoothie for breakfast yesterday. This one was very similar to the apple crisp smoothie, except I used Simply Apple juice/cider instead of milk and coconut sugar instead of brown sugar and no walnuts or cranberries.

It was yummy, loved the cinnamon.

Before going to Mom's yesterday I fixed a mini cheese pizza to tide me over until the food was ready. I used a Nature's Own Multi Grain Sandwich Round for the crust. I topped it with leftover Hunts Manwich sauce, pizza seasoning, extra garlic, rosemary and shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Sure it would have been better with pizza sauce & mozzarella, but it was actually pretty good and it was a great way to use up some of the sauce I had leftover.

It was the perfect size for a snack; add another or a salad and you have a small meal.

Yesterday we had a birthday party at Mom's to celebrate Lexi's 5th birthday and my 100th. For the birthday meal we had meatloaf for the meat eaters.

Meatless stuffed bell peppers.

Chicken

Mashed potatoes

Green Beans

Broccoli

Salad toppings

Spring Mix

and rolls.

I had stuffed pepper, green beans, salad with ranch dressing, mashed potatoes, and a roll.

While everyone was eating Lexi opened her presents. Toy Story seemed to be the theme. Lexi got Jessie and Mary was sort of disappointed....

.....until an emergency toy run was made and (ta-da) Woody appeared.

Mary really loved her Woody.

Both girls got matching cowgirl hats and of course Woody had his.

Jessie was also a big hit with Lexi.

I got great presents as well. Props for blog.

and a brand new Zumba outfit.

They also got games and more toy story figures that were a big hit. Hat's off to everyone for all the presents.

After presents, it was time for cake & candles. We had two cakes.


One Red Velvet (my favorite)

One Chocolate

This is my piece, along with vanilla ice cream of course. What's cake without ice cream? We also had coffee, which escaped the camera.
I kept munching on bits of cake and also mac & cheese which escaped the camera as well.
I was not very hungry once I got home. I was pretty exhausted really. Socializing takes a lot out of me. After uploading and sorting photos, I had a couple of handfuls of the raspberry nut supreme snack mix, watched "The Good Wife" and got ready for bed. Football screwed up my tv schedule, so I was late getting to bed. I overslept slightly this morning. I had a great day yesterday and I'm hoping today will be as good or better. Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I loved the pictures of Mary and her Woody doll. She's so funny. Oh, you look so cute in your new suit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.The kids pictures did turn out better than I thought. I have a hard time taking pictures of moving objects and they definitely move and I was glad to get a new outfit for zumba.

    ReplyDelete