Google Search Results

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Bird Eye Steamfresh Southwestern Style Rice Review

Yesterday I was chilly when I got up, so I went for a warm toasty breakfast, a nice hot cup of orange passion fruit jasmine green tea sweetened with a little coconut sugar and a piece of cinnamon chocolate loaf defrosted from the freezer and toasted in my toaster oven. My tea was as good with the coconut sugar as was my coffee. The coconut sugar with it's dark crystals made my tea look like coffee and it also made it a little too sweet. I used the same amount of the coconut sugar as I normally use with honey. It had a good flavor, but next time I'm using less of the coconut sugar.


For lunch I had a MSF spicy black bean burger, with shredded lettuce, shredded taco blend cheese, and hot fire roasted salsa on a Nature's Own multi grain sandwich round.

A little messy, a lot tasty.

I also had a few tortilla chips with my sandwich.

Yesterday's snack was a piece of chocolate and some dry roasted almonds.


Dinner included Bird Eye's Steamfresh Southwestern Style Rice.
 Nutrition Facts

Steamfresh® Chef's Favorites™ - Lightly Seasoned Southwestern Style Rice with a Vibrant Blend of Corn, Peppers & Onions

Serving Size:1.5cup(187 grams)
Calories125.49
Sodium539.13 mg
Total Fat2.56 g
Saturated0.34 g
Total Carbs23.14 g
Dietary Fiber0.73 g
Sugars1.83 g
Trans0 g
Protein2.4 g
Cholesterol0.15 mg
Vitamin A22%
Calcium1%
Vitamin C0%
Iron20%
Ingredients: Cooked White Rice (Water, Rice), Corn, Red Peppers, Green Peppers, Onions, Seasoning [Salt, Tomato Powder, Maltodextrin, Natural Flavors, Corn Flour, Onion Powder, Spices, Paprika, Sunflower Oil, Sugar, Dextrose, Cheddar Cheese (Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Modified Corn Starch, Whey, Garlic Powder], Soybean Oil

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs

I love the convenience of their steamfresh products. I can get just a enough for 1 or two people and they only take a few minute to prepare. I had my rice with pinto beans and a salad of cucumber, tomato, and iceberg lettuce with buttermilk ranch dressing.

The rice is pre-seasoned with southwestern style seasoning, along with corn, onion, red & green peppers. I think cumin maybe involved. I loved the flavor and the rice and vegetables cook up perfectly right in the bag. I gave it 4 stars, but just because I would have preferred brown rice. I do like that they do have plain brown rice that comes in the steamfresh bag, real rice, not instant that's ready in just a few minutes.

I made my pinto beans with a little onion for flavor. The salad and the beans went perfectly with the rice. I really enjoyed this dinner.

Although I didn't get to go to Zumba class yesterday, since it was canceled, I thought I would post a Zumba video anyway. We don't do this song in class, but I do like it. I didn't do anything to make up for Zumba class yesterday. I know I should have, but that is why I need Zumba class, for motivation and to be held accountable. I don't do well exercising by myself. It's not nearly as much fun. I'm looking forward to Thursday's class.


Hope you enjoy the video. Happy Wednesday! I'd also like to say Happy Birthday to my oldest grand baby! Happy Birthday Lexi, Mimi loves you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment