Google Search Results

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tai Pei Mini Vegetable Spring Rolls Review

It's a beautiful cool fall morning, but I wasn't very happy to see it come so soon. I just wanted to keep right on sleeping this morning, but I have things to do. Luckily I don't have 2 little ones to chase after today. Yesterday, I felt the same way, but the girls were coming. They got here before I'd had a chance at breakfast. I a biscuit with butter and dutch apple jam with my coffee. I mixed in a little peppermint cocoa mix. The girls had eaten a little before they got her, but Lexi had a sausage & cheese biscuit anyway (she didn't eat the sausage). Mary nibbled on a cracker, but didn't really want anything else.




I fixed a tortilla casserole with the last of my Easy Mexican Rice. I added a little water, some Mexican oregano, MSF crumbles and extra garlic to the rice and heated it on the stove. I put some course crushed tortilla chips in the bottom of the bowl, then I spread the rice & bean mixture over the chips. I put a later of the bite sized tortillas on top of the rice & beans, sprinkled them with shredded sharp white cheddar and a few jalapeƱo slices. I put it in the microwave just long enough to melt the cheese. This was really pretty good. I will have to remember to do this when I eat the leftovers from the freezer.

I had the rest of my blizzard. After spooning the ice cream out into the bowl, I licked the spoon. This was a mistake. My top lip stuck to the outside of the spoon and I didn't realize it. when I pulled the spoon away, you can guess how that went. Well, I had a hard time eating the ice cream and anything else since then.

I made Tai Pei Mini Vegetable Spring Rolls for dinner.

Nutrition Facts 
Serving Size 2 rolls (68g)  
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 70  Calories 140   % Daily Values* Total Fat 8g 12%   Saturated Fat 0.5g 2% Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 320mg 13% Total Carbohydrate 17g 6%   Dietary Fiber -   Sugars -   Protein 3g    
Vitamin A - Vitamin C -
Calcium - Iron -
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on
your calorie needs.

I had planned to get some broccoli slaw to go with my spring rolls, but they didn't have any for some reason, so I just bought broccoli and had a salad with it, some carrots, cucumber and some Asian Toasted Sesame dressing. The egg rolls were pretty good. They didn't get quite as crisp as the Chungs Mini Egg Rolls, but there was more filling, I think. They had a good flavor. I actually think they were more like egg rolls and the Chung's were more like spring rolls, but either way the filling was basically the same. I also believe the Tai Pei rolls were a little short and fatter. I would choose either one, of course I did prefer the crunchier wrap of the Chung's, but that's just the junk food junkie in me. I didn't try the sauce for these, because I had some sauce packets that needed to be used, but I'll update on the sauce as soon as I try it. I'm giving these 3.5 stars since they didn't wow me, but they are good.
I had a few of Lucas' spicy seasoned sweet potato fries. My injured lip wasn't really liking the spices, but the rest of my mouth love these.
 I'm late again, sorry. I got sidetracked at the last minute. Happy Saturday!!! No proof reading, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your lip. I forgot my blizzard over there the other day. LOL. I suppose I can get it on Tuesday are I get off work. LOL. Love ya lots, hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yeah, I'll hide your blizzard 'til Tuesday, but you know ice cream isn't safe in this house, lol. Love ya too.

    ReplyDelete