Google Search Results

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Lean Cuisine Cheddar Potatoes With Broccoli Review

I overslept a little this morning. I must have accidentally cut the alarm off. Usually, I hit the snooze a few times, just to start waking up, before it's actually time to get up, but when the buttons are close together and you're not exactly awake, it can be a problem; today it was. Luckily I woke up about 10 minutes after the last alarm should have gone off.

Yesterday morning the only problem I had was that it was a little chilly. I like the house cool while I sleep, but it's not so welcoming when I have to part with my pillow and blanket. It's not bad once I get moving, it's making the transition that presents a problem. Usually by the time I put the dogs out, feed them and get my own breakfast, I'm good. Yesterday my breakfast was an English muffin, buttered, toasted, and spread with Muscadine Jelly. It would have been great with a MSF veggie sausage.


The jelly was great. I gave it 4 stars. I liked that there was no granulated sugars added. It's sweetened with natural juices. I am normally not a big jelly fan because jelly is so sweet, but this one is not extremely sweet. Hopefully DH will help eat this. I think a smaller jar would be better for just me. 

I had Lean Cuisine's Cheddar Potatoes with Broccoli. This was a good choice. I love the combination. 

Nutritional Information

Serving Size: 1 (10.2 ounces)
Servings Per Package: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 210
Calories From Fat 35
%Daily Value*
Total Fat (g) 4 6%
Cholesterol (mg) 15 5%
Saturated Fat (g) 2 0
Sodium (mg) 600 25%
Trans Fat (g) 0

Potassium (mg) 820 23%
Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 0

Total Carbohydrate(g) 34 11%
Monounsaturated Fat (g) 1

Dietary Fiber(g) 4 16%
Protein (g) 10

Sugars (g) 6
Diet Exchanges 1/2 High Fat meat,1 starch,2 vegetable,1/2 skim milk
*
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Calories: 2,000 2,500
Total Fat Less Than 65g 80g
Sat Fat Less Than 20g 25g
Cholesterol Less Than 300mg 300mg
Sodium Less Than 2,400mg 2,400mg
Potassium Less Than 3,500mg 3,500mg
Total Carbohydrate 300g 375g
Dietary Fiber 25g 30g
Vegetable Servings** 2
**The USDA Food Guide Pyramid suggest 3-5 one-half cup servings of vegtables a day.

Weight Watchers® PointsPlus *** 5
***Not endorsed by Weight Watchers®. PointsPlus calculated by NestlĂ©.

The cheese sauce is smooth, not powdery, but not stretchy like real cheese. It is good however. The potatoes were tender and the broccoli wasn't over cooked. This dish is also not overly salty like a lot of preprepared foods.

I did feel like they were a little stingy with the broccoli, but there was enough, I just love broccoli and an extra side of broccoli would be great with this.

I wasn't actually hungry 20 minutes after eating this, but I could have used that extra side of broccoli. I'm giving this dish 4 stars. 

I decided to have a cup of coffee and the last piece of apple cake(I think), from the freezer. I used the coconut sugar in my coffee. I really like it in my coffee. It really enhances the flavor of the coffee.

I had Smart Ones mini rigatoni with vodka cream sauce for dinner. I also had salad and a piece of garlic toast.

It was actually a bit too much salad or maybe I should have had a smaller piece of toast. Either way, less would have been better.

My salad was iceberg lettuce, tomato and onion with buttermilk ranch dressing. I swiped an end from a loaf of Italian bread that Dale & Lucas were using for their dinner. They fixed giant Philly cheese steak sandwiches. I buttered my bread, sprinkled it with garlic powder & parsley and broiled it in the toaster oven. Yummy!

After dinner I finished up with everything in time to get some reading done. I didn't get much done during the day. I could have gotten to bed early if I hadn't been so close to the end of my book. I did manage to finish the book without staying up too late. I am torn between giving it 3 stars or 4. I liked the book. It wasn't what I'd call a thriller, but it was very still very interesting. I also received an email last night informing me that today's zumba class was canceled. I was disappointed. Hopefully I can do something to make up for it. Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment