Google Search Results

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Kashi Mediterranean Pizza Review

Super chilly morning today, a little cooler than yesterday and even though yesterday morning was cool, I still had a cool breakfast. I tried a new Greek yogurt, Taste of Inspirations Vanilla Nonfat.


It was pretty thick, not as this as Chobani though. I think maybe slightly sweeter. It was 4 star good.

After tasting the yogurt alone, I used the rest to make a Sunny D SOB(Strawberry, Orange Banana btw or should I make it BOS) smoothie using Sunny D's orange strawberry blend, a banana, vanilla yogurt, oatmeal, flax, & ice. Having used a frozen banana along with the ice made a super thick icy smoothie. It was yummy, but I think using real strawberries & orange juice would be even better.

Lunch was leftover fire roasted salsa hash brown casserole with another MSF spicy black bean burger.

If you need something to warm you up, this stuff would definitely do the trick.

I'd planned all day to fix myself a cup of tea, but didn't get around to it until later in the afternoon, so I had a cup of Moroccan Mint green tea, decaf, with honey.

We had some salsa and chips to tide up over until dinner. This hot fire roasted salsa, was the salsa we used in the hash brown casserole and it is hot, but very good. I love the smoky flavor.

I had a few white tortilla chips with the salsa. Great Value,very inexpensive Walmart brand, but out of the bag, I wouldn't have guessed. They were pretty good, a little salty, but not bad, especially if that's what you're craving.

We were having pizza for dinner. The guys had their standard pepperoni, while I had a Kashi Mediterranean stone-fired thin crust pizza. 
The pizza crust is made with their signature blend of Kashi Seven Whole Grains & Sesame with flax seed and is wood-fired to bring out the natural flavors. It has spinach, fire-roasted red onions & sweet red peppers, and four signature cheeses including feta with roasted red pepper sauce.

I normally prefer a slightly thicker crust, but this was good. We baked our pizzas on a pizza stone and the crust came out crisp on the edges, yet soft enough that it wasn't like eating cheese & veggies on a cracker.

I also would have preferred that the toppings were spread out a little more, not piled up in the middle of the pizza. As you can see the pizza is slightly smaller than the average dinner plate. It's suppose to be 3 servings, so either I eat too much or it's suppose to be part of the meal, not all of the meal.

I had 2 slices, half the pizza, with coleslaw, not to mention the chips & salsa I had while it was baking. I guess I wouldn't be gaining if I ate using serving sizes.

I still thought the pizza was good and I gave it 4 stars. I would definitely buy it again, especially if I could get a coupon, lol.
Since dinner was a little later than usual, I was later getting my photos uploaded, later getting to bed as well, mainly because I'm getting to the interesting part of my book(Hide In Plain Sight) and I just had to get some reading in before going to sleep. I may try to do a little more reading today. If you're interested in the recipe for the Sunny D BOS smoothie, leave a comment to let me know. I will try to post it later. Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment