Google Search Results

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Great Value Vegetarian Vegetable Soup Review

It's another cool sunny morning and as nice as it is, I still wasn't anxious to get up. I was sleeping quite nicely this morning. The first part of the night didn't go as well. It was nice to finally get into a deep dreamy sleep and not so nice, for it to be interrupted by the sound of my alarm. I sort of felt that way yesterday as well. I depend on breakfast to wake me up. I had a trail mix bagel from the never ending bagel supply in my freezer, spread with light cream cheese and topped with dried raspberries (I think they're actually raspberry flavored cranberries), raisins, white chocolate chips, almonds, and sunflower seeds along with half a Gala apple.


The bagel and apple were not enough of an eye opener, so I also had a nice hot cup of orange passion fruit & jasmine green tea sweetened with coconut sugar and with a little added lemon juice. I was just too lazy to make coffee, tea is so much quicker and easier.

I tried to lighten up lunch just a little. I had leftover mac & cheese, mix vegetables and a salad of spring mix, cucumber, carrot, onion, and sweet banana pepper. I used seasoned rice vinegar for dressing. It adds flavor to my salad without all the calories and fat.



For my afternoon snack, I had a little Cajun snack mix and a few cheerios. The Cajun mix is sort of sweet spicy. The cheerios help cut down on the sweetness.

I made cornbread for dinner. I had intended to make my "soft cornbread", but I didn't have everything I needed to make it, so I just went with regular cornbread.

It was still very good. I was really in the mood for it.

I had a piece with a bowl of Great Value vegetarian vegetable soup.


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 123 G
Servings Per Container About 2.5
Amount Per Serving
Calories 90
Calories from Fat 5
                                   % Daily Value*
Total Fat   0.5 G                     1
Saturated Fat   0 G                0
Trans Fat   0 G
Cholesterol   0 Mg                 0
Sodium   740 Mg                 31
Potassium   200 Mg               6
Total Carbohydrate  19 G      6
Dietary Fiber   2 G                8
Sugars 4 G
   
Protein        2 G    
Vitamin A     50
Vitamin C     0
Calcium        2
Folic Acid     0

(-) Information is currently not available for this nutrient.

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:**

** Percent Daily Values listed below are intended for adults and children over 4 years of age. Foods represented or purported to be for use by infants, children less than 4 years of age, pregnant women, or lactating women shall use the RDI's that are specified for the intended group provided by the FDA.
                                       Calories:     2,000         2,500
Total Fat                          Less than     65g          80g
Sat. Fat                           Less than     20g          25g
Cholesterol                      Less than     300mg     300mg
Sodium                            Less than     2400mg     2400mg
Potassium                                            3500mg     3500mg
Total Carbohydrate                               300mg     375mg
Dietary Fiber                                         25mg     30mg

Calories per gram:
Fat 9·Carbohydrate 4·Protein 4

The soup wasn't bad. It was actually better than I expected, although it doesn't feel very grown up with alphabet noodles floating around in it. I'm not the biggest fan of canned soup. It's usually pretty hard to find soup that's vegetarian without buying expensive brands and even then you have to read the labels. What appears to be vegetarian may include chicken or beef fat or broth, etc. The allergy warning on the GV Vegetable Soup was "May contain traces of milk, shrimp, and soy." Some vegetarians may worry about the shrimp, of course it did say traces.

It's mainly alphabet noodles and potatoes in a tomato broth with a few peas and carrots thrown in, but it is GV so who expected anything fancy right?  I give it 3 stars just for what it is, cheap, canned soup, nothing to get excited about. I liked it, it tasted pretty good, and it filled the void. It also went pretty well with the cornbread.

For dessert I had a little rice krispy treat, left from Lexi's lunchable.

I finished up my book (One for the Money by Janet Evanovich) yesterday. I gave it 5 stars. I actually liked it better than The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo which only got 4 stars. I also started on The Girl Who Played with Fire last night. I have two weeks to read it, since it's a library ebook and I'm not sure if I can renew it, so you can guess, I'll be reading quite a bit. I also have to get ready for the girls (Lexi & Mary) in few days. Tonight though, we are having our Glow Party at Zumba where we'll be wearing white with glow in the dark bracelets, etc. under black lights. It will be so much fun. Happy Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment