Google Search Results

Sunday, October 09, 2011

Stouffer's Five Cheese Lasagna Review

After breakfast I'm feeling rather chilly, I felt the same way yesterday after my Caramel Apple Smoothie. It is made with fresh apple chunks, oatmeal, ground flax, caramel fruit dip, vanilla or plain yogurt, ice, and apple cider. I've been thinking about this one for a little while. I just hadn't gotten around to it until now. This cool weather we've been having has gotten me thinking about Fall foods, apple and pumpkin in particular. It's really because of the cinnamon & spices. It seems I always think of the sweet things first. What does Fall make you think of? What's your favorite Fall food?


After breakfast and blogging, Lucas and I went for a walk. We did pretty good even though we've not gone in a couple of months. It doesn't seem that long. We walked 3.76 miles at an average pace of 16.32 minutes per mile. I know that's pretty slow, but we did better than I figured. I would like to get to around 15 minutes per mile, but I will have to get new shoes first I think. I did have one sore foot after walking yesterday, but it's better today.

When we got back from our walk yesterday, I was ready for lunch. I used part of a can of Hunts Manwich with my leftover MSF veggie crumbles cooked with peppers and onions for a vegetarian sloppy joe. I sprinkled the top with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and put it in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese.

I used more of the Tuscan Artisan bread we'd gotten the day before.

After lunch we went to Mom's for a little while. She & Lynda and gotten some new snack mixed and gave me some to try. One was Dutch Apple snack mix with dried apples, sesame sticks, and yogurt cover raisins. It was really good. It has a sweet buttery taste to it. This one is addictive.

I also tried the Raspberry Nut Supreme snack mix. It is a pretty sweet mix, but the plain pecans, cashews, and almonds, help to tone down the sweetness. Pecans are my favorite and another thing that I associated with the Fall season.

I had Stouffer's Five Cheese Lasagna for dinner. Stouffer's makes really good Mac & Cheese, but I'm not as fond of the lasagna. I did like it, but I think it needed to cook a little longer in my microwave. I wasn't sure how many watts my microwave is, going by the directions, I cooked it for 4 minutes on high & 4 minutes on 50% power. It seemed mostly sauce and cheese with a couple of lasagna noodles. The top noodle was cooked just about right, but the bottom noodle was a little tough. The sauce is not bad, but not great. I give the lasagna 3 stars. I would eat it again, but I would probably choose a different brand if given a choice. So far the Amy's Spinach Lasagna is my favorite, but it is more expensive.

I had two thin slices of the Tuscan Artisan Bread with garlic, parsley and Parmesan cheese to go along with my lasagna.


I was feeling sort of lazy and not too hungry from snacking, so I didn't bother with a side salad.

I was later getting to bed last night. I didn't get any reading in before bed. I suspect there will be late nights for the next few days. I will be babysitting on Tuesday & Wednesday, plus Zumba on Tuesday. I have a feeling this is going to be a busy week. I feel tired already. Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment