Google Search Results

Friday, October 14, 2011

Porkless Beans Recipe

This is a recipe for vegetarian beans in tomato sauce or pork & beans minus the pork, which I came up with because I can never find then in the grocery stores anymore. I used to be able to buy them, but they've sort of disappeared. This is a very simple recipe, quick and easy and would make a great base for vegetarian baked beans. 

In this photo, I've added a Veggie Patch veggie dog, cut into pieces for Beans N Franks.

Ingredients
1 can of navy beans mostly drained but not rinsed
1/2 c. of Campbell's condensed tomato soup (no water added)
1/4 c. of water
1Tbsp. of molasses
1/8 tsp of salt

Directions
Combine all ingredients in sauce pan and heat, letting them simmer for several minutes. You can use 2 cans of beans, I suppose, for more beans, less sauce. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment