Google Search Results

Saturday, October 08, 2011

The Best Way To Eat MorningStar Farms Grillers Recipe Crumbles

Dang, I'm cold this morning. I should have had a warm breakfast, but I didn't. I didn't have one yesterday either. Yesterday I had a fruit & yogurt cereal bowl with vanilla yogurt on the bottom, sprinkled with ground flax, cornflakes, cheerios, & Kellogg's Fiber Plus Berry Yogurt Crunch and topped with half an apple cut into chunks and a few dashes of cinnamon.


All it needed was a few walnuts and it would have been perfect. I'll have to put walnuts on my list.

 I did soup and a sandwich for lunch. I heated up a bowl of leftover Campbell's Southwestern Style Vegetable with my add ins to go along with my tuna salad and potato chip sandwich. Have you ever had a tuna salad and potato chip sandwich? You really ought to try one. You just take your favorite chips and crush them up on top of the tuna before adding the second slice of bread. It's a little messy, but good and if you press the bread together slightly, it stays together a little better.

I didn't get but one chance for a photo of lunch. I didn't realize my camera battery was dying. Immediately after taking this shot, it died, luckily the shot wasn't too bad.

Later I had half a peanut butter and muscadine jelly sandwich as my afternoon snack. It was almost and off camera grazing, luckily I though about a photo, just as I'd taken the first bite.

I had the best dinner, I've had in a while. Most of time food is just a filler, but occasionally, I hit upon just the right thing. I have a hard time figuring out what will hit the spot, but I got it right yesterday. I had a MorningStar Farms Grillers Recipe Veggie Crumbles open faced sandwich on Neo Tuscan Artisan bread, topped with Monterey Jack cheese and a few battered onion rings on the side.

It was awesomely delicious. I fried some chopped onion and green bell pepper until the onion started to caramelize. I added about half of the crumbles then sprinkled in a little garlic powder and black pepper and continued cooking until the crumbles where hot. Once everything was hot, I spooned the crumbles mixture onto a piece of the Tuscan bread which I'd lightly toasted. I added some shredded Monterey Jack and melted it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Now that I think about it, I should have had some ketchup with my onion rings, but I just ate them plain. This is the kind of sandwich you eat with a fork, but it is a great sandwich.

The best part about fixing the crumbles like this is that it is so easy to transform leftovers into something else. Add some beans, canned tomatoes and chili seasoning and serve on top a baked potato with cheese or canned tomatoes and Italian seasoning for a pasta topper. When it comes to leftovers you don't always have to eat the same thing twice, just start simple.

Here are a few shots of the bread. It's a firm dense bread, and very good toasted. It would probably make great homemade croutons, but I don't think it will last that long here.



Here's a shot of the veggie crumbles bag and below are the nutritional fact.

I managed to stay up a little to late last night. I'd remembered I needed to do a load of laundry and Lucas and I were discussing computer stuff. I did get to bed by 12 after reading a little. We are thinking of going walking today. We've been slacking a little since he started his classes and I've been doing blog posts a little later, but now that the weather is cooler we can go later in the day. We've chosen Saturday as the best day. We'll probably slack off again once it gets really cold, we are fair weather walkers. Now I'm off to do a few things I should have done before blogging so that we can do our walking. Happy Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment