Google Search Results

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Campbell's V8 Garden Broccoli Soup Review

Feeling sort of lost this morning. I'm having trouble getting started. I think it's because I've been eating the same thing for a while, coffee & bagels. 

Yesterday was mostly blogging first, then breakfast. Subconsciously avoiding the bagel, I suppose.  I did make some coffee. I added some gingerbread cocoa mix. I think I should do something different in that area too.

Finally the bagel, the other half of a trail mix bagel spread with peanut and topped with Raspberry Nut Supreme snack mix (again). It was pretty good though.

After 2, yes 2 cups of coffee, Lucas asked if we were going to go walking. Hmmm, I wasn't sure if that would be a good idea or not, ya know what I mean, but I said yes. We did our usual route, almost 4 miles, but we were a little slower. I don't think either of us were into speed. It was pretty warm, but not bad with the constant breeze we had. I will be wearing different shoes the next time. My slip ons are not good for walking anymore for some reason; worn out I guess. They've recently started making the bottom of my foot sore right behind my toes. I've always walked in them before without a problem, but I guess I will try a different pair and see if that helps.

When we got back, I was ready for lunch. I had the last Stouffer's French bread cheese pizza. I added a little Italian seasoning to this one. I still wasn't impressed. The bread was still soggy under the cheese. I guess frozen is not the way to go with French bread pizza. I also had some raw broccoli with spicy ranch dressing. I loved the broccoli.

Lucas fixed a few onion rings while I was eating lunch. I had a few of those as well. They were even better with the spicy ranch than they are with ketchup, my usual onion ring condiment. It reminded me of the sauce you get with bloomin' onions or onion petals.

Yesterday was one of those days when I really needed a nap. It was also one of the few days that I actually took one. It was nice.

For dinner I did the soup & sandwich thing again, but I went with something different. I decided to try Campbell's V8 Garden Broccoli soup. I was sort of skeptical. There's just something about soup in a box that worried me and I'm always wary of anything creamy that's pre-made. I can't help it.
Nutrition Info*
Amount Per Serving (serving size) = 1 Cup (240 mL)
About 2 servings per container

Calories 90
Total Fat 2.5g
Saturated Fat 1.5g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 5mg
Sodium 480mg
Total Carbohydrate 15g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar 5g
Protein 3g
% Daily Value**
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 4%
Iron 2%
 

* The nutrition information contained in this list of Nutrition Facts is based on our current data. However, because the data may change from time to time, this information may not always be identical to the nutritional label information of products on shelf.
** % Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Luckily the soup tasted better than it looked. It is sort of a rough puree, not chunky, but not smooth. It does have lots of broccoli, unlike some broccoli soups you get that are just broccoli flavored. It was pretty good. It didn't "Wow" me, but I liked it, so I gave it 3 stars.

I also had a different type of sandwich with my soup. I went with a grilled cheese with cooked broccoli. It went really well with the soup. The cheese was exactly what the soup needed.

I use white American cheese. I cooked the broccoli until it was soft and I drained it on a paper towel, so that it wouldn't make the sandwich too soggy.  I flattened the broccoli a little on top of the cheese and added some garlic & a pinch of salt. I buttered the outsides of the bread while the broccoli cooked and after putting it all together, I grilled the sandwich on both sides. It was a great sandwich.

The soup is thick, not runny, which I like.

Well, I'm late getting this one out. I'll try to do better next time. I just wasn't feeling very motivated this morning. Here's hoping the day improves. Happy Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment