Google Search Results

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Michelina's Sesame Lo Mein Review

Where do I begin?...with breakfast, I suppose. I used to drink coffee first thing in the morning, nearly a whole pot and the first thing I ate was usually lunch, not breakfast. Now that I don't drink as much coffee, I need breakfast almost as soon as my eyes open, which is why I like quick breakfasts. 

Yesterday's breakfast was easy enough. I had half a cranberry bagel from the freezer, toasted with a little peanut butter, raisins, and white chocolate chips.

I guess my sweet cravings were strong yesterday. I had my piece of leftover pumpkin cheesecake between breakfast and lunch.

I emptied the last of a couple of bags of frozen veggies to go with lunch. It was mostly corn with a few peas and carrots.

I'd decided on the leftover Veggie Patch Meatballs with tomato sauce and mashed potatoes. It looked so good.

We went to Mom's to check out the roof leak, before the rain comes. I had a Russell Stover chocolate truffle while I was there along with a cup of decaf coffee. The Russell Stover truffles are pretty good. The chocolate seems a bit darker or less sweet. I am mostly a fan of dark chocolate, but when it comes to truffles, I like it all. I do believe my favorite chocolate truffles are those made by Dove. I'm not sure you can get them right now though. They are usually only available around Easter and maybe Valentine's Day. I remember when the kids where small, I would buy them each a pack every Easter for their baskets and one pack for myself. There were 3 to a pack and they were shaped like a whole egg, not the half egg you get now.

After Mom's we made a trip to Walmart and then home to watch Two Broke Girls, the highlight of our Monday night tv watching.

For dinner I had Michelina's Lean Gourmet Sesame Lo Mein.

Nutrition Facts

Michelina's Lean Gourmet - Sesame Lo Mein

1
Calories 320 Sodium 690 mg
Total Fat 9 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 2 g Total Carbs 57 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 8 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 18 g
Trans 0 g Protein 8 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 80% Calcium 6%
Vitamin C 100% Iron 15%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

I was really surprised at how good it was. Usually frozen Asian dishes aren't all that great. The first thing I noticed about it was the smell. It was the yummy smell of sesame oil. I really love the smell of sesame oil. I was expecting a more savory dish, judging by the smell, but there is pineapple in the bowl. This reminds me of my Sweet & Sour Veggies. It tastes very similar.

It was delicious. I could have eaten two bowls (and been miserably full). It was just so good, I wanted to keep eating it, so you know it's getting 5 stars, right?

I think I over did it on the sweets yesterday though, bagel, cheesecake, lunch, truffle, & noodles. A handful of Emerald dark chocolate peanut butter mixed nuts after dinner wasn't so bad. The hint of sweetness solved the craving without adding a lot of carbs. I'll try and do better today and let you know how that goes. Wish me luck. 

After dinner and Two Broke Girls, I did some reading. I still haven't finished The Girl Who Played with Fire yet, but I'm getting close. Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment